Video - Equinox 800 Depth Test

Best video yet.  He goes through all the frequency modes and reactivity settings on actual buried targets so you can see both the separation and depth capabilities.  Stunning would not be an overstatement as to how I reacted.  Very encouraging to see how stable the ID's were on those deep targets.  Also how depth wasn't significantly reduced when reactivity was set at 8 (high).  

It may not turn out to be any deeper on isolated high-conductor targets than the CTX, but it looks to separate better on closely spaced deep targets.   

CTX owners like to kid themselves about how well it does in dense trash because, as they say, they have recovered good targets in dense trash. Well yeah, and left more behind then you found! The CTX is an improvement over previous BBS/FBS models when dealing with dense trash, but the fact is slow recovery and target masking are the CTX Achilles Heel. The Equinox may not “go deeper” than a CTX on a dime per se, but it should easily be able to recover dimes (for example) the CTX misses just based on recovery speed alone. Target masking is far more an issue than depth in many locations. Let’s face it, where humans congregate the most, and lose the most stuff, is also where the most trash resides. If the Equinox pulls good finds out of those locations that the CTX consistently misses due to having a faster recovery speed, what does that say about depth?

Dankowski - Beneath The Mask

minelab-equinox-800-waterproof-metal-detector-multi-iq-multifrequency.jpg

• Like 1

Steve any idea when you might get your hands on this machine?

• 2 weeks later...

Ive found like so many who own the CTX ,that you will be amazed at how it pulls "Good" targets from trash when going slow and High trash is selected(And Fast Recovery on)My experience has been in this Target separation,even when the Threshold is in a constant Null that a coin like target will give signal.

One of the only draw backs ive found with the CTX are in relation to DD coil not giving any signal from the blade like field it put outs in relation to orientation of target to trash.

Anyway ,my 2nd machine will be this Equinox 800 when they arrive here in Oz.Also wonder on the Mono type coils for now or future given the problem above.However wont be holding my breathe on that one as VLF s need all the help they can get for discrimination/depth so mono s are out for now i suppose!.

Here is another video with a little Equinox footage in it.. Mal uses it on the 3rd day of his hunt and also talks about it a little towards the end of the video.. Seems like he was impressed with the Equinox..

Bryan