Minelab Equinox Detectival 2017 First Tests

Shelton

The Minelab guy doing most of the talking in this video is Mark Lawrie, Minelab’s Senior Electronic Design Engineer. 

82209D2E-782A-4A23-B2E2-66AE25A83BA3.jpeg

Here is a quote from Tom Dankowski....

“For those folks of whom choose to disbelieve: You can choose to not believe our forum members. You can choose to not believe Brandon Neice. You can choose to not believe Keith Southern. You can choose to not believe me. ...... This is never a problem. Zero harm. BUT........... gosh....... I STRONGLY recommend you believe in Mark Lawrie...... and his statements. If anyone knows the detector the best......... it's the design engineer. And......... engineers are not known to over-hype/over-brag about their stuff......... knowing there could very easily be repercussions. . . . . . should something go awry.”

mark-lawrie-senior-design-engineer-minelab.jpg

• Like 1

Now if you could just get the marketing dept. to adopt a little of the engineers philosophy....:biggrin:

On 22.09.2017 at 6:18 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Nice sharp video - great job Shelton! Thanks for posting.

Thank you Steve. Some polish guys ask me we I'm doing those videos without complete tests... so I promise next time level of NASA laboratory... and drop tests from 6 meters on concrete ground ;) 

I just want to spend my time with my wife and friends. And check how new Minelab is build. But for real test I need more time.

• Like 1

Yes, so I was write to Vincent O'Brien Business Development Director about final units. Very nice peoples from Minelab. They answer for the questions without any problems.

I see one problem that the Equinox has just like the Gold Monster has too. It's top heavy and unless you put it down with the coil flat when you dig a target it will fall over. The cause is the stand for it is just too narrow to keep it upright. If Minelab don't correct it I will if I get one. I plan on making one for my GM when I get it back.

Chuck

1 minute ago, Ridge Runner said:

I see one problem that the Equinox has just like the Gold Monster has too. It's top heavy and unless you put it down with the coil flat when you dig a target it will fall over. The cause is the stand for it is just too narrow to keep it upright. If Minelab don't correct it I will if I get one. I plan on making one for my GM when I get it back.

Chuck

Chuck, they know about it.Mark Lawrie promise that they will change rear part of armrest - legs? They told me about it on Detectival...

• Like 2