Steve's Guide To Nugget Detectors Updated

Always interested to read your opinions on this Steve, so thanks for keeping it updated. As far as I know the GPX4800 has been discontinued. http://www.minelab.com/customer-care/product-notices/discontinued-products/gpx-4800

Also, any reason why the Au Gold Finder isn't on the list? It's about as dedicated prospecting machine as they come. It's like a modern day hybrid of the Gold Bug 2 and Gold Racer. 

Well, the biggest problem with the list is it reflects more of a Yank perspective. Aussies would see things a little differently no doubt. Time to start your own list Nenad!

I will delete the GPX 4800 reference and look at incorporating the AU Gold Finder into the list - basically just a Gold Racer variant. I clean forgot about it even though I still have one. It has had minimal visibility on the market here so it’s easy to overlook. Frankly Nokta and the Gold Finder in particular suffer a little from the Kellyco association as not everyone is a fan of the company. That and Kellyco now charging $999 (up from $749) for the dual coil package when the Gold Racer Pro Pack sells for $899 is not helping either.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1

It's funny Steve, because you know how we get charged a premium over here for stuff, well my Dealer sold me my MXT All Pro 2 years ago for about $719.19 and I got one for someone the other day ( just over a week ago) for the same price, other dealers are charging $915.69, and I only paid $786.00 for the GMT,

And you are right about the MX Sport, to this day I have never seen a person using one, the trend seems to be for the Nokta/Makro GBP and GB2 etc and of coarse the new ML machines, but even with the limited offerings it's a fun time to be buying VLFs because there is something for every budget.

J. 

• Like 1