My XP Deus Custom Hard Case With Built In Charging

57buick

12 hours ago, deathray said:

Dude, I love it. Great job. Let's see the Buick too!

I wish I still had the 57 Buick. I was forced to sell during a bad breakup lol Still my dream car though. Here is a pic of the car I had. Before I sold it I converted the chrome back that the previous owner had painted over.

ab_3.jpg

• Like 1

I don't understand how people are taking detectors out into the wilderness in the vehicles without a case. It would be broken in a week for me without it. I drop the tailgate. get out the detector, when I'm done I put it back in case, plug the USB cables into everything and slide the case back into the truck until the next time I use it. I never have to even think about charging and it doesnt get crushed by the 50 pound buckets of pay dirt Im taking home with me too that are moving around back there.

1 hour ago, deathray said:

Bitchin ride man! Sorry you had to part with it. As for cases...I throw my detectors in back seat of the truck, but love your set up!

Yea I often have 2 kids and a dog in the back seat and the girlfriend in front

14 hours ago, 57buick said:

I don't understand how people are taking detectors out into the wilderness in the vehicles without a case. It would be broken in a week for me without it

I never use cases for my detectors and I never break them either. I have a duffle bag that has my critical prospecting supplies - rucksack, trash pouch, pick, digging scoop, vials, headphones, chargers, etc. It is the same stuff I always use so I can just grab and go. The detectors may vary but I usually have two or three along. The duffle bag goes in truck, detectors next to it. The truck is my protective case and the way I pack my truck things in my truck do not get broken. Maybe it’s because I have a SUV instead of a pickup. For stuff in the back of a pickup I can see cases being handy.

If I had the detector in a case the first thing that would happen is it would come out if the case, and then I would have an empty case rolling around inside my truck all week. That’s space I usually can’t afford to give up.

Anyway, very nice job with the cases but just like you wondering how people survive without them, I wonder why people need them for anything but shipping. In fact I have a super nice Garrett case I have never used that I should sell.