Scored A Few

Chris Ben

Chris Ben

That some great looking gold. It looks as if it has broke off and more should be around there someplace. You're the first that has said anything about metal in them. I have a steel ball in my left shoulder thanks to me crashing my plane and I too may not get near a GPZ to use one.

Best of luck next time out.

Chuck  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

Chris Ben

That some great looking gold. It looks as if it has broke off and more should be around there someplace. You're the first that has said anything about metal in them. I have a steel ball in my left shoulder thanks to me crashing my plane and I too may not get near a GPZ to use one.

Best of luck next time out.

Chuck  

Hi Chuck, Thank you,  the GPZ works great for me. I do have a 9 in metal plate and 17 screws in my hip. That is a lot of metal. I seriously doubt you would have a problem with your shoulder. I only had a problem with the big coil. Interestingly when i turned the sensitivity to 18 on small coil if i wasn't careful i could get a signal on my hip, but nothing that was a hassle. It was something i didnt notice on a setting of 12 sensitivity. Which i would infer that the GPZ on the super hot settings would pick up more gold, if you could ignore the noise. I am trying to get a hip replacement,  so im not sure if that will make things better or worse? 

Yes this spot is interesting,  i do think i am getting closer to the source, nut not sure how to locate it. We've found gold all through the wash, and up the side of the bank, and now, well up the hill. 

Chris

Great gold Chris.  Very pretty on the scale ... I guess that was after cleaning?

Well to add to the 19 sensitivity stories, I had some new shoes and used the 14 with no problem.  Later in the day I switched to the 19 and found a tiny nugget with it but I also noticed it was 'falsing' on my swing.  I couldn't understand it and then I swung my foot with the metal free shoes over the coil and ... voila ... signal.  It turns out the new model added a metal loop at the top of the shoe (the old shoe did not have metal) and I had to take those shoes back.

It is big and sensitive.  I need to swing it more often but ONLY with a hip stick.

Mitchel

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Great gold Chris.  Very pretty on the scale ... I guess that was after cleaning?

Well to add to the 19 sensitivity stories, I had some new shoes and used the 14 with no problem.  Later in the day I switched to the 19 and found a tiny nugget with it but I also noticed it was 'falsing' on my swing.  I couldn't understand it and then I swung my foot with the metal free shoes over the coil and ... voila ... signal.  It turns out the new model added a metal loop at the top of the shoe (the old shoe did not have metal) and I had to take those shoes back.

It is big and sensitive.  I need to swing it more often but ONLY with a hip stick.

Mitchel

Mitchel, thank you,  i did soak them for a couple of hours in CLR. That was it.

Chris