Koss Headphones

mn90403

Over the years I have bought several new and used Minelabs.  They have all come with Koss UR30 headphones.

Many of these have broken and I have replaced them sometimes from Minelab and sometimes directly from Koss.

Today I sent off 2 pairs to Koss.  They charge $9 for each pair and they will send you new replacements.  You have to send them your old headphones.

Minelab had sent me a pair in the past just because I told them one pair was not working.  They didn't want to have the old ones.

You can call Koss at 800-872-5677 and their website is https://www.koss.com/

Don't detect this season without your headphones working properly.

Mitchel

• Like 2

I agree. Get better headphones.

It's not that Koss headphones are not good.  Those are just "bottom of the line"

When I was a dealer in the 90's,  headphones that retailed for $30 cost me $3.95 because I only ordered them by the dozen.

Those Koss ur30 headphones retail for $14 so guess what they cost to make .......

Quality has a lot to do with cost.

I do use Koss but mine cost about $130  and I think they are worth it.

Well, while I would agree that some of the special headphones maybe are a little better, but its like you get a 5% improvement for a 5,000% price increase. I do have a couple broken old ML Koss headphones, so I will send them into Koss, so Mitchell thanks for the heads up.  Its very handy to have extras.
I guess my fat head is swelled up enough that I just dont have a problem with the UR30 headphones falling off. :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I love my Sun Ray Pro Gold's, but shame on Minelab.

Selling a ten thousand dollar detector that comes with only adequate headphones, is an example of cost savings at the expense of a loyal customer base that does a disservice to us all. Surely their bottom line cannot be that thin.

I can hear the UR-30s when the wire is not broken.  It is also comfortable and yes sometimes a little loose.  These will be good backups but Lu likes hers.

I have the Gray Ghosts and they are simply too tight.  They also don't work and I don't think they can be exchanged like the Koss's.

My main headphones right now are a Superlux HD 668B.  These work well with the 3030 and Zed because the volume controls are good.  I have not used them yet with JP's booster.  (I don't know why I bought it actually.  What did you say?  haha)

Mitchel