Screen Displays Too Small / Hard To See

I think I could show more interest in any of Garrett detectors but in my opinion they try to put too much info in such a small area. They could take a lesson from White's and let it pop up on the screen on what you detected. This looks like what Minelab is doing the same as White's with a big and better display so all has no trouble to see. I don't see myself buying anything from Garrett until they do. White's has some for the same  reason I wouldn't buy either.

The young will buy the small screen but with a large one the  younger and older will buy. So detector companies you want your sales to go up then come out with a larger display.

Chuck

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

I think I could show more interest in any of Garrett detectors but in my opinion they try to put too much info in such a small area. They could take a lesson from White's and let it pop up on the screen on what you detected. This looks like what Minelab is doing the same as White's with a big and better display so all has no trouble to see. I don't see myself buying anything from Garrett until they do. White's has some for the same  reason I wouldn't buy either.

Chuck

I agree Chuck. My vision is not what it used to be. Some of the LCD screens are hard to see even in good daylight. Garrett screens are too small.

• Thanks 1

Yep....CTX Top line way to small.Find it hard to see what mode your in etc etc

I do like large, bold screen displays and easy to recognize controls. I figure that if somebody who knows how to operate a detector as well as I do has to break out the manual to figure out how to change a setting something is wrong. I like power combined with a simple interface. The Makro Racer 2 has the cleanest display and control interface I have seen.

makro-racer-2-lcd-display-screen-controls.jpg