Gold Nuggets Got 15 on This Night!

Ron (CA)

That is a great evening nugget hunting. I always enjoy watching your videos.

Thanks for sharing,

Merton

Great find!

But why were you guys digging in the middle of the night?

Is that your neighbours back garden?

Too obvious in the daytime when you're close to roads, to many eyes seeing what is going on, from what I've read they have been followed and had some of their spots jumped, so it best to keep it on the down-low!!!200.gif

If I was driving by a field during the day with people in it I may not notice. I am darn sure going to notice people out at night with lights on. It is not something you see often.

Some people have day jobs. Night time is play time. That was always a big advantage in Alaska in the summer. Get off work, go salmon fishing all night, back to work in the morning!

If you drive by and see someone in a known gold area with a metal detector  Gig is up!!

We usually run with lights off and only use lights to retrieve or video some finds.  But at night someone is not going to see the metal detector in my hand!!  You may see lights but odds are you think it is just the farmer doing something in the field.

Plus I enjoy night hunting and it does not rob time (too much) from my family or real job.  Except now it is dark at 5 pm so nights are longer!!

We had one site that became pretty popular and each week more and more people would show up.  One Saturday we stopped to hunt and there were 12 pickup trucks and about 20 hunters.  It looked like and England Rally.  We just turned and left.  Site was fenced and posted within 30 days!!  People had been hunting it with no hassle since the 80's but not in those numbers at one time.

A few members know the site.