Brandon Neice ( Dr. Tones ) Detectival / Equinox Report

My low bar expectations for my new EQ, which is hopefully being assembled by MineLab at this very moment:

1.  Lightweight.  I am no spring, summer or even fall chicken, and my shoulder joints remind me of that every time I go out.

2.  Waterproof.  I think the majority of what's still left to be found is in a river, ocean or lake.  Just MHO.

3.  Be reasonably reliable and tough.  

4.  Perform as well as my 13 year old DFX.  And this includes positive ID on a stupid bottle cap.

If it does nothing but these 4 things, I think I'll be happy with my new EQ.  

• Like 1

Guest Tnsharpshooter

I might as well weigh in here.

Back in 1980 when I was 18 years old,,,if Inwould have been into detecting and retired so I could hunt more, a detector manufacturer could have made a detector that IDs coins at 8-10" deep that weighed what a cinder block weighs--I and many other people would have bought.

Fast forward, a lot of folks are week end warrior detectorists, they can't keep their arms built up with limited detecting working full time jobs to effectively manage boat anchor weight detectors, plus folks are living longer.  Lot more older folks detecting these days.

Next Deus has been released a while now.  

So thus far for a metered detector, Equinox looks like jus from a weight perspective the first real challenge to XP and their Deus.

The question is why has it took so long to answer the Deus here?  (Weight wise)

Bottom line IMO,,any manufacturer looking to make a hot selling detector in the future, DON'T make the detector weight 4 plus pounds!!! (Vlf detector)

The Deus and now the Equinox are only the beginning of more lighter models to come from XP and Minelab  and other manfuactuers.

Pretty soon we will be so weak and feeble even though we can swing a detector, because they will only weigh ounces......... we won't be able to dig the target............:blink:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, johnedoe said:

Pretty soon we will be so weak and feeble even though we can swing a detector, because they will only weigh ounces......... we won't be able to dig the target............:blink:

Nonsense. Upgrade the digging equipment. :smile:

1971-cj5-trencher-mtpleasant-mi.jpg

• Haha 2