Pieter Heydelaar

jrbeatty

Just wondered if anybody here in the US knows of author and prospector Pieters whereabouts?  Some old friends and I had a lot of fun prospecting Western Australia with them back in the mid nineties, while he and Debbie were living at Gwalia WA. As far as I know he left years ago.

Steve: Apologies if this is off topic or in the wrong place, please feel free to move it somewhere more appropriate. Thanks!

Juvenile fun in the "outback"  Left to Right: Me, the late Jim Stewart, Debbie, Reg Wilson, Pieter Heydelaar, John Hider Smith.

2epiyz5.jpg

Pieter with a fuel tank off a Soyuz spacecraft. He had a good meteorite collection as well.

A much younger me (with camera) and Australian detecting legend and prospecting buddy Jim Stewart:

2d9elhu.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Fred, Del, Steve.

He detected some good gold here in the 80's and was later a Minelab SD prototype tester. If I'm ever in Quartzite, AZ I'll look him up. 

• Like 1

Hi Diggers

Pieter and Debra was visiting me and my family today, he is on his way to France now.

Go And visit him in France soon to do some detecting for the old stuf, like celtic and roman.

Regarts from Holland

Gerrit

He stil lives in Quatszite

• Like 3

Out of interest, here's an old Aussie ad (from 1993) with Pieter doing what he did extremely well.  :smile:

zxv4lx.jpg

• Like 1