Nugget Detecting Training November 3 At Rye Patch

Gerry McMullen and crew are doing a nugget detecting class November 3 - 5 at Rye Patch. This is an excellent chance for anyone having really difficulty finding that first nugget to get some expert help. This class is usually for people who buy detectors from Gerry. However, I contacted Gerry and he does have spaces available and they are open to anyone who wants to participate for a fee. You can find details and contact Gerry about costs at http://gerrysdetectors.com/event/gold-detector-training-6/

It can be extremely hard to get that first gold nugget and it is impossible to overstate just how much it can help having people who know what they are doing take you by the hand and show you.

• Like 6

Thanks for that post, Steve. Yes, anyone is welcome to sign up for Gerry’s detector training classes, even if they did not buy their detector from him. I personally struggled to find my first gold nugget with a metal detector on my own - it took nearly two years - and sure wish a training class like Gerry’s was available back then, so I really enjoy being a member of Gerry’s experienced training staff and helping folks learn their detectors and teaching them the tips and tricks to quickly Increase their chances of finding their first nugget. 

• Like 6

I wouldn’t be surprised, Steve. I’ve seen more than one sign of an early winter. Hope to see you there.

The first one breaks the ice, after that the rest follow. Must be one of those psyc - psi - mental things  :biggrin:

Guess I was lucky, walked straight onto an oz piece within minutes of switching on my first detector - back in 1987. I still have it. Hooked me for life.

Can't beat an experienced tutor though.  

• Like 1

I've taken training from Lunk at Rye Patch.  There were 3 of us and we all got a little gold but we got some great experience and Lunk's famous settings!  We had a range of detectors (not just Zeds) so if you have a 2300, Monster or other brand, they can probably train you on it.

Mitchel

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mn90403 said:

so if you have a 2300, Monster or other brand, they can probably train you on it.

Mitchel

There’s no probably about it...we can  train you with any gold machine. Well, anything but a LRL anyway...?

• Haha 2

Gerry and his crew are the best. Found these on my first and only training trip with these great people. This was when I got the Fever...

strick 

20141110_145602.jpg

• Like 3