Kudos To Minelab Customer Service - Australia / USA

To all of you who followed my recent adventure to OZ you remember i did not have my control box when i arrived!!!!

In fact, I didn't have any of my bags...they were still sitting in LAX.

After Norvic and I went to pick them up in Cairns a week later I thought everything was peachy..

But alas, when Norvic and I were getting geared up to make a run to the goldfields...I couldn't find my 7000 control box anywhere---

(to make a long story short-I put this in chronological order)

• -Condor and i had our 7000's stolen in Yuma January 2017
  • I found a used one and bought it--- March
  • Condor couldn't find a new or used one so i sent him mine to use while i was working at the VA in Dallas_(i didnt need it)
  • Condor alerts me it is having a dropped pixel issue and Jaime Minelab USA says to send it in-----May 2017
  • Condor sends it in the whole rear end of the machine control box control brain and audio plug port
  • Jaime is to send it back to me in Dallas
  • I have a dedicated suitcase set up in my living room to place gear going to OZ with me
  • i receive the rest of the detector back from Condor after he receives his brand new 7000 and i stuff it in the suitcase
  • Jaime sends me my control screen--(now since Condor sent in in to ML i didnt realize when i got it i was still missing the control brain box and I had no reason to put the 7000 together because i was breaking it all down for shipping anyway) in the suitcase it goes!
  • I get to OZ , June 3rd and my bags get there a week later!! grrrr.... Norvic and I decide to go for our first hunt and Volia!!!! I dont have a control box!!! What the heck--- I was in shock!
  • I start contacting the airlines , but there is nothing they can do at this time...
  • I contact Sara, Daryl, and ALL the staff there at Minelab AU-- they went to work immedately
  • i got the news after Norvic and I got back from the bush that Minelab Au had decided to ship me out a loaner box for free! No deposit, not shipping, nothing---!!!!
  • This was great news to me because i only found one nugget with his 2300 while it seemed like Norvic was finding a nugget every second or two with his ZED!
  • I was frustrated to say the least.... my dream trip and no 7000...arggggh..
  • Norvic can verify how happy i was when i got the news on email right after we got out of the bush!!!! I was ecstatic!!!
  • So now i continue detecting here and there around OZ with the borrowed brain (Lord knows i need a new one too---lol)--July-Aug 1
  • When i get back to the States Condor and i get to talking and he tells me that he didn't feel comfortable separating the parts to ship to Minelab USA when he sent in the control control screen so he just sent it all together... TA DA a moment of enlightenment...now we know for sure where the box went--- not stolen in the customs office, not left in my camper by mistake, it was at ML USA
  • Thank you Condor for remembering things that i cant...lol
  • We sent it in to ML USA at the worst possible time because they were packing stuff up to move to their new warehouse--and it simply got misplaced
  • Jamie wrote me today and said they still haven't found it and she wondered if it would be OK to ship me a new one??? Really????
  • I was stunned again by Minelab !!! USA this time...
  • I should receive my new control brain box soon
  • I am blessed!
  • A BIG thank you to MInelab, both Australia and USA-- you are truly the best company I have ever dealt with...

Yes, i bought a Monster, and Yes, i will buy an Equinox!!!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I just shake my head, what can I say, except where the bloody hell are my chocolates...............True that is top service US & OZ Minelab, you not only make the best , you are the best, I think the whole lot of you are good enough to be Queenslanders...............:wink: Wait til we get Tangles downunder and in detention again.

PS. If you are ever at an airport waiting for Paul don`t hang around the arrival lounge or luggage carousel , the lad`ll be in the restaurant. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Norvic said:

I just shake my head, what can I say, except where the bloody hell are my chocolates...............True that is top service US & OZ Minelab, you not only make the best , you are the best, I think the whole lot of you are good enough to be Queenslanders...............:wink: Wait til we get Tangles downunder and in detention again.

PS. If you are ever at an airport waiting for Paul don`t hang around the arrival lounge or luggage carousel , the lad`ll be in the restaurant. 

AND..... if you want to get Norvic's attention you better buy him some hearing aids first!!!!

We were paging him on the Overhead paging system in the airport for an hour before we gave up.......and of course i had to get some refreshments by then:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Quantus did the same thing to me...Not having my own equipment, boots and clothes cost me over a week of serious detecting...I don't need that kind of adventure!!! The rest of the trip was great.

Management at Minelab , Australia has certainly become kinder and gentler since the charged me $600 dollars to fix what their las vegas Techs screwed up-several times.

You certainly do come out smelling like roses, Paul.

fred

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vanursepaul said:

The ups and downs are all part of the adventure...and I love the adventure Eric!

If there weren't ups and downs it wouldn't be an adventure, right:biggrin:

Paul,

We all have fun with your stories because everything is going to be alright.  You do good things for other people.  Sometimes you don't think about yourself first and 'bad' things happen but then you and others do good things for you and the adventure ends up GOOD.

I think you are a believer in the 'dark cloud has a silver lining' and we've seen some of those silver linings turn into gold!  There's not much adventure in showing up to a spot, the tent is already up, the coffee is made and after 4 hours you are on to the next set.

You make good lemonade.  Everything is going to be ok.

Thanks Paul.

Mitchel

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

AND..... if you want to get Norvic's attention you better buy him some hearing aids first!!!!

We were paging him on the Overhead paging system in the airport for an hour before we gave up.......and of course i had to get some refreshments by then:biggrin:

Here I was 1/2 hour early dressed up with ML shirt and cap, like a penguin, standing at the luggage carousel for that flight, can`t miss him there can I....... mobile phone in pocket, checked out Virgins query centre, "sorry we cannot say who was on that plane for security reasons" still there 2 hours later, caught the lad as he returned from drinks. But twas an adventure and I`ll give Tangles heaps about it forever.

PS. They don`t allow locals to go into the International restaurant unless they are accompanied by their mother.............

• Like 2
  • Haha 1