The Reg Wilson Gold Album

That's quite all right KJW. If Reg wasn't OS I'm sure he'd tell us which motor, etc he has fitted. All I can say is that it goes like the clappers when he puts his foot down, and you can hear it coming from a long way off!

This album has partly been copied from a web archive fragment I found on the "Wayback Machine" but much has had to be re-written. I do this by uploading images (from a memory stick containing the entire album, obtained from Jannine) to a webhost service and then send them in small batches to Reg in a personal message. Upon receipt of these he sequentially labels them and returns them to me, whereupon I post them here. A bit cumbersome but it works.

With Reg away, I'll post more recent stuff I'm very familiar with.

This one is a reminder to all that big gold is still waiting to be found. Take heart Mitchel and KJW: :smile:

27 oz from 2015 south of Ballarat.

DSC_3940.thumb.JPG.6a3002919406f4c177431f890c62c1fa.JPG

DSC_3944.thumb.JPG.6bf20011c4d494be607d1fa446bd6812.JPG

DSC_3966.thumb.JPG.d6ade5418b68f32234c73662892b6307.JPG

Reggie can still find the biggies and is determined to break the 100 oz barrier. I'm certainly not betting against that possibility!

DSC_3974.thumb.JPG.5915f5e609329e7d4b0f1bce43450f32.JPG

DSC_3970.thumb.JPG.9b352b7caf0d90d8ffbd0d4051e71dd9.JPG

• Like 5

What is detecting like there in April, May and June?

• Like 1

Hi all, and thanks James.

My old Transit had a 3.3 ltr in it originally. The previous owner put a 5 Spd. Supra gearbox in it but it kept blowing 5th gear, so I put  4.1 cross flow alloy head, twin throat weber carb, extractors, and 5 Spd Ford box. Duel fuel as well. 

She goes all right.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

What is detecting like there in April, May and June?

Perfect in my opinion, and you can include July August and September as well.

Usually the only time I can get away prospecting is June/July/August which is southern Hemisphere winter.

Reg: How's that typhoon affecting your trip?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reg Wilson said:

Hi all, and thanks James.

My old Transit had a 3.3 ltr in it originally. The previous owner put a 5 Spd. Supra gearbox in it but it kept blowing 5th gear, so I put  4.1 cross flow alloy head, twin throat weber carb, extractors, and 5 Spd Ford box. Duel fuel as well. 

She goes all right.

Reg,

I wonder how often you have to get fuel?  It must be miles and miles to find it.

Mitchel

Mitchel: Reg is probably busy sampling the local Mekong whisky, but will doubtless get back to us eventually. 

Fuel is plentiful in central Victoria and a good country pub is never too far either.  :wink:

It really is an enjoyable and civilised place to detect, yet at night you can camp in the bush and feel like you're a thousand miles from anywhere.

I didn't anticipate that Reg's van would prove more popular than his gold - - -  :tongue:

Ah, I was thinking of it in WA because Paul had asked about that area.  I'm sure it would be no problem in Victoria.

Yes, WA different story. Fuel containers essential in remote areas, but LP gas available in most regional towns.

Nurse Paul, Patience Grasshopper Patience................you'll probably forget something and be grounded waiting, (dunno why I suspect that?) just take it easy no.......keep feet on ground.............. capice no/yes. You US mates of Paul, control the lad........dunoo how but just do it.............no

• Like 1