Stand For Gold Monster 1000

I have my GM with me I will go to home depot and get one of each and try will let you know

DSmith

I can give you all the measurement to make one if you like. It's your call if want.

Chuck

PS I had made one for my MX Sport but a little different. The thing is it works great too.

If you do not mind measurements would be great

My brother in law has some 1/2 inch PVC fittings and they will almost fit the shaft of the GM gonna open up one of the fittings he has with a 7/8 forsner bit or a step bit and see if I can get a snug fit on the shaft of the GM

DSmith

To answer you're early question GM shaft is 7/8 in dia. so 3/4 PVC is out.

My stand is made out of 1/2 in. hot water PVC pipe. You need to cut one 3 1/4 in. long-- two -2 in. long then two 3/4 in. long. You need one Tee---two 45 degree sleeves and 3 end caps. Remember all is for 1/2 in Hot Water PVC pipe

Use the two 3/4 pipe to join the Tee too the 45 degree sleeves and don't leave any space between the two. Be sure you lay the Tee flat and have the sleeves pointing straight up. This is important because the legs will be off you don't. Now you can put the 2 in in the 45 degree sleeve to complete the legs. Now in the open end of the Tee put the 3 1/4 in. in. The only thing is the end caps. Be sure when putting it together make sure parts go in all the way.

The 3/4 could have been a little longer but like I said don't leave space between the Tee and sleeve.

Sorry to repeat myself but when you put it together with glue it's got to be done right

I used a black  paint for plastic . I used 2 zip ties also black and I think that's all you need.

Chuck 

Here is a slightly different version of this type of stand.  This one came with a used detector I bought some time ago so I did NOT make it.. forgive me for my lack of plumbing parts vocabulary but whoever made it, cut the top piece in half which allows it to snap on to the shaft very securely.. You can pull it on and off as you like. 

Bryan

IMG_2165.JPG

IMG_2167.JPG

IMG_2166.JPG

IMG_2168.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Made one a little different from ridge runner that works pretty good also except I took a 1/2 inch standard PVC fitting and opened up the center hole with a  7/8 forsner bit which for those that do not know what a forsner bit is it allows you to cut perfect circular holes through just about anything wood or plastic, I wanted to be able to remove this easily by opening up the center hole on the fitting to 7/8 with the forsner bit it will slip rite onto the end of the shaft of the GM 1000 and is a good snug fit for the rest of it I used 4- 1/2 inch 45% fittings and four pieces of 1/2 inch PVC did not have to glue any of them and it makes a great stand vary stable no more tipping over Thanks Ridge Runner for the inspiration one thing for those that decide to make one like I have described make sure you put the fitting in a vise or something you can hold the fitting with because you do not want that forsner bit getting into your hand or you will be spending the day in a ER getting some pretty serious repairs done to the injury 

1011171143a.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...