Stand For Gold Monster 1000

Thanks for the inspiration on this RR. 

Made up my own version today - similar but different.  Very easy and about $5.20.

Has improved the stability fantastically and does not impede my swing or touch my right side at all. IMG_3541.thumb.JPG.3c3831247d2af43a57cdcd6fd8009fca.JPG

I have left the top of the two legs un-glued so that I can shorten the legs depending on how I find it in the field. Certainly very stable in the shed. IMG_3542.thumb.JPG.19c5163c7dccebd915a6e3123d156620.JPG

Hey Northeast

I’m glad it worked out the way you wanted. I see you have it off set so on the swing it don’t hit your side.

The Best

Chuck

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2017 at 1:01 PM, kiwijw said:

DSMITH...Geee mate. That sucker wont fall off the planet in a hurry. You could throw a tent fly over it & sleep under it or shelter from the sun while having a break. :biggrin: Does it get in the way of your hip when swinging?

JW :smile:

Nope it does not get in the way when swinging the detector but I have since changed my design a little to be more like the one cabin fever posted up left the design the same as my original except I added another tee to it and used a dremil tool with cutting blade and cut half of the tee off so it would snap onto the shaft of the GM 1000 then I took the original tee which slid onto the end of the shaft and attached it to the tee which I cut by doing this it allows you to swing the hole stand out of the way and then there is no issues at all will take photo and post so all can see what was done 

you still have to use a forsner bit to open up the tee that snaps to the GM shaft before cutting though otherwise it will not snap on to the shaft

1104171141.jpg

1104171141a.jpg

1104171140.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here is my take on a stand.. Forstner bit to drill out the pvc to fit the shaft. I also decided to put a tiny self taping screw through the top into the shaft. Should work fine.

thumbnail 2.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

We have seen different stands that people have made but works for them. That is what is all about what works for you.

It’s good to see my post is planting a idea in someone’s head but only they can make it come true.

Chuck

• Like 1