Any One Finding Gold?

14 hours ago, sjmpainter said:

End of the dredge season is coming! Temps are dropping and the river will freeze in the next few week, thought I would take a moment to share my gold take so far.

Seems like a lot of work but I did manage to get about six ounces, mostly fine stuff but a few nice nuggets in the mix:smile:

IMG_2272.thumb.JPG.dccd0bfe6e8ceae01857f7ba9157f796.JPG

Hope where ever you guys are dredging the water is a hell of a lot warmer.

I love what you call fine stuff......LOL

this is the fine stuff I have to deal with .....

2015-04-22 17.37.03.jpg

unnamed-1.jpg

IMG_0587.JPG

• Like 4

Sjmpainter, 

That's some nice gold, congrats.  Now that it is cold in Fairbanks area I kind of wished is was back in Anchorage.  These are the same two that I sent you a picture of before but here they are for the group.  

I dredged these two in August after arriving back in AK.  Found them the last two days of my trip.  Together they are 3.9 grams.

image.jpeg

• Like 5

Steve. I did install TinyTachs on the dredge, I'll look this weekend to see how many hours are on the dredge. Should be interesting to know how many hours it takes to get the six ounces, on any account - YES, it was a lot of work.

I am finding a lot of Mercury on my gold. Did you have the same experience while dredging up Mills Creek?

Kind of curious when the old timers used Mercury in their operation at Canyon Creek.

JD, that is just insane small gold! What is that 200 mesh? WOW! Good Job!

Dredging may be brutal work but it also has the ability to be an excellent stress reliever.

Can you find the dredger in this Pic.

IMG_2324.thumb.JPG.0b5b41ab5b203f28e50f23ba2fdd75b4.JPG

Working about eight feet down at this point, looks like a few feet more to the bottom.

IMG_2325.thumb.JPG.dbb13f69d20c2e0119ff3d150e2ab347.JPG

Interesting I uncovered a cast iron piece that I think is a yoke from an old hydraulic water cannon. I'll get some pictures this weekend and post, maybe someone can identify it?

HH Guys.......

Bear, I can assure you the boys will appreciate those two!

Are you done for the season?

I had a goal of ten ounces and not quite there so I'm going keep at it for a while to see how close I can get. Termination dust is coming down the mountain and light is going fast - hope I can make it. LOL.

Nice gold Sjmpainter. That looks like a pretty swift current to be doing any kind of dredging in. What's your weight belt setup?

mike