Archives Closed - New Forums

Steve Herschbach

The forum has evolved over time. The original intent was one active forum, with old subjects moved to closed archive forums grouped by subject. However, the closed archive system is putting too many good threads off to where they cannot be discussed any more. The main issue frankly is it requires manual intervention on my part, and that is getting too cumbersome. I decided to consolidate and eliminate the overly large number of archives. Instead, each metal detector manufacturer now has a separate forum. See the full forum listing here.

This also solves an issue with new machine threads by a new detector basically taking over forums each time one comes out. Now all the discussion of the new Minelab Equinox will stay on the new Minelab Metal Detector Forum where it can be discussed by people who are interested, and ignored by those who are not.

So what do you have to do? Nothing. Just keep using the forums as you always have. When in doubt post in any forum you prefer, and I will redirect threads to new locations if need be. Or if all you care about is Tesoro detectors, hang out on the Tesoro Forum.

For those who want to see what is going on everywhere, make the full forum list your home page and see what forums light up with new posts. You can also access the Unread Content link in the upper right under the search box to see all unread content. Another function to explore is Activity Streams which you can customize any way you want.

Finally, invite friends to one of the new forums. Thanks!

forum-list.jpg

• Like 8

Looks great, Steve! 

Thank you for all you do!

Gary

Was wondering what happened there....... Nice mod, I like it.... Thank's Steve.

I don't know about everyone else, but I find it takes longer to sort through the "unread content" than it does to look at the "full forums" and skip the ones I don't want to read.??

Just saying... not complaining.

I would normally look at the "Detector forum"......or maybe "coin and jewelry"

If I look at the "unread content"......

I see under "past hour" a post in the Detector forum(with a Minelab topic)...Under "today", I see a post in the "detector forum" at the beginning  one here and there and one at the end. In "yesterday", there is another post in the "Detector forum".

I don't see how to combine them in "unread content"... probably there. I just don't see it.

Isn't it easier to just look at the Detector forum?  

Whatever works best for you Harry. Just depends on the person. One way to really weed out the Unread Content is to check the "Since My Last Visit" option.

unread-content-2.jpg

I personally just look at the master list.

I am working on a new Tag List at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/tag-list/ that will also allow quick access to any given subject. Still a work in progress though.

tag-list.jpg

• Thanks 1