Sign in to follow this  
Steve Herschbach

New Teknetics Tek-Point Pinpointer

MSRP $149.00 MAP: $129.00

Dealers are accepting pre-orders for the F-Pulse as of Monday, Nov. 13th with a late November early December ship date.

teknetics-tek-point-metal-detecting-pinpointer.jpg

The Tek-Point is completely waterproof to 10 feet and capable of operating in fresh and saltwater.

Features:
• Pulse Induction
• Beep, vibrate or both
• Lost mode alarm
• Single button operation
• 3 sensitivity levels
• Proportional response
• Retune
• Adjustable LED light
• Auto shutdown
• 2-AA batteries (not included)
• Belt holster included
• 2-year warranty
• Constructed from special
abrasion-resistant materials
(won’t wear through like other pinpointers)

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:33 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

People complain about the big tease, but there is only one reason companies do it. It works. Same thing Hollywood has been doing with movie trailers for ages so it is not even new really.

So true

Two new pinpointers (or 4 - depending on how you count) - props to ML and FT.

I had better get busy selling my Pistol Pro!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Buzzard
      I was at an Outing this last weekend and was able to buy a Profind 35 pinpointer....I like it very much , seems to be real sensitive  . It was a big help when using the GM1000 at finding the little bird shot that was the same color as the dirt in my scoop. It also found other lead targets and brass shells.
      I have not had it out coin hunting yet , but I do think it will be great.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Published on Nov 4, 2017
      This test / review of the new Minelab Pro-Find 35 and the Pro-Find 15 pin pointer is for American Digger Magazine. The first ever recovery speed test of the new Ferrous Tone ID while switching targets! Also the first maximum detection depth test of these units. Side scanning was also tested and provided consistent results to the tip on both units, it was left out of the video to cut down on the length, but will be included in later videos.
      More on the new Minelab Pro-Find 15 & Pro-Find pinpointers here.
    • By prosoloact
      These are great- for searching a plastic gold pan, with one inch of material in it. Simply use an earth magnet to clean out the metal and magnatite, then scan underneath the pan.
    • By Steve Herschbach

Minelab is pleased to announce that the new PRO-FIND Series will be available for purchase from November 13th, 2017 onwards. *Initial availability may be limited in some regions. Please contact your local dealer for specific price and availability information.
      PRO-FIND Series pinpointers feature Minelab’s Detector Interference Free (DIF) technology. DIF significantly reduces interference with an operating metal detector, when the pinpointer is switched off, by disengaging the pinpointer coil’s magnetic field.
      Read the Treasure Talk Blog "PRO-FIND and DIF Technology" by Gordon Heritage here. More blogs to follow soon.
      Watch the DIF technology test video here:

The above information derived from https://www.minelab.com/customer-care/product-notices?article=322187 and http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/310895/KBA_28-1 DIF Technology EN.pdf
    • By GB_Amateur
      This isn't at all a detailed comparison, but this sub-forum seems to be right place to put it.  I'm pretty sure these devices are no longer made for any detector models, but it might help someone thinking of buying a used one.  I bought a used FX-1 (for Fisher F75) recently.  I did look for reviews and found a few, but unless I read too fast those didn't tell the key features (particularly minuses).  This is not meant to be an overall review like you'd find in a magazine.  The other reviews you can find on the WWW do that.
      The main thing to know about this device is that it is effectively a (passive) replacement/substitute coil for your detector.  It has a switch for changing between your main coil and the pinpointer probe -- only one operates at a time.
      PLUS:  since it's using the detector electronics as would any coil, you get all the audible and visible readouts that you normally get, thus discrimination.  That sets it apart from every handheld standalone pinpointer I'm aware of.
      MINUSES:  two big ones, IMO.  1) For the same reason that you get discrimination (using the detectors capabilities), if your detector is set in motion mode (which is the default and in many cases the only option on modern detectors), you have to be moving the probe to get it to sound off.  2) Ditto the reasoning above, the sensitivity depends upon what gain you've set your detector for your main coil.  In my case I had the F75 gain set to 50 (half scale) and the probe only went off when I got within about 1.5 in (~4 cm) from a piece of metal.  Compare that to the White's Bullseye TRX at 3 in. and the Garrett Carrot at 2.5 in.  The documentation I received (hard/impossible to find online, BTW) claims 3 inch depth.  I can believe that if I crank the F75 gain up to 99.
      Sure, I could go to non-motion all-metal and I could crank up the gain.  But that's a lot of changing detector settings every time I want to dig.  I assume the detector's pinpoint mode would also work (it's basically non-motion all-metal) but on the F75 that requires holding down a spring-loaded switch.  That's not at all convenient when you're on the ground trying to probe for a target in a hole.  Further, one of the big reasons detectors went to motion mode in the first place is to be able to cancel/adjust-out electronics drift.  So even if you lock into non-motion all-metal I assume that could have a negative effect since often one can spend non-negligible time finding the target in the hole (uh, especially if you need to get to 1.5 inches to hear anything!).
      As a novelty and possibly for special situations I can see using this device.  Unfortunately, unless I'm missing something, mine is going on the shelf and/or auction block.

• By Steve Herschbach
      From http://www.minelab.com/customer-care/product-notices?article=321022
      Minelab PRO-FIND Series Pinpointers

PRO-FIND Series Pinpointers assist in accurately locating targets at the point of extraction where a metal detector coil cannot fit.  This results in smaller holes, less environmental disruption and faster target recovery time.
      The PRO-FIND 15 offers essential core pinpointer features and is designed for simplicity and ease of use.  The PRO-FIND 35 provides premium level functionality in a fully waterproof design for the serious detectorist.  Both models use VLF transmission and incorporate Minelab’s unique Detector Interference Free (DIF) technology.
      More details are available on the PRO-FIND Series web pages:
      PRO-FIND 15
      PRO-FIND 35
      Download the new PRO-FIND Series brochure here.
      Download the new PRO-FIND Series Getting Started Guide here.
      Read the Treasure Talk Blog "The new PRO-FIND 35 hits the spot!" by Mark Williams here. More blogs to follow soon.
      Further product details and product availability will be announced in the coming weeks.
      Watch the new PRO-FIND Series Introduction video here: