New Fisher F-Pulse Pinpointer

On 1/30/2018 at 9:30 PM, Geotech said:

Production began today on the Tek version. Don't know if any shipped. Fisher next week.

The delay was two-fold. First, when units from the pilot run were water-tested a few failed at 10 feet. We determined that the Gore membrane isn't reliable to 10 feet, so we backed off to a 6 foot rating. Second, the overmolded plastic was difficult to get right, and to make that job worse the molder (USA, not China) shut down for Christmas. But what I saw today was really nice and worth the extra wait.

Thanks, Carl.  If I'm reading Steve's posts right, the Tek and the Fisher are identical except for the paint job?  I'm hoping I can order one or the other next week so it will be here to greet my new EQ 800.  I don't think my EQ and my Sun-ray pinpointer are going to play very well together.  :biggrin: 

It's a shame because I love the thing and it's the main reason I've kept that DFX around for 15 years.

Yes, same exact unit, just whether you like red or green. Sunray had a nice thing going for a while. The good news is that in the world of wireless it won't be long before everyone has wireless pinpointers that mimic the Sunray mode of operation. The TRX was designed to do that (has space for a wireless module) but never got there. The Fisher/Tek models will eventually get wireless.

• Like 6

Gee Carl, I was all geared up to be using the pinpointer 10 feet underwater, and now I can’t! OMG! :laugh:

In jest of course but I swear these days people want to seize on everything. I am looking forward to your pinpointer because I used to use the Uniprobe and it was great but in the end unwieldy. I am guessing a PI pinpointer will work much better in my ground and will wait patiently until you make the red ones. I actually like the Tek look better but went for the red for that little extra visibility should I drop it in the woods (I worry too much :rolleyes:).

fisher-f-pulse-metal-detecting-pinpointer.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update:  just got an email with tracking number from metaldetector.com so my fisher f-pulse has shipped.   I ordered it December 6 

Im excited to be getting this pinpointer though I admit I'd rather be getting my Equinox 800. At number 7 on the preorder list I'm hoping for a hefty 2nd shipment..Im pretty sure the f-pulse will not interfere with my f75, and I'm hoping it will also be Ok with the equinox  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I picked up a Deteknix Wader from an online UK site for 109.00 Can funds last year.

It's a PI pinpointer and uses both aa and 9v batteries. Waterproof to 10 ft.

I see this as another case of US makers being slow to market. Deteknix even has lithium versions good to 200ft.

Since Deteknix got caught with their hand in the cookie jar copying First Texas technology there is some real irony in the last post. It does help a company move faster when they steal other people’s work instead of doing their own!

New thread - My F-Pulse Arrived!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pinpointer999 said:

I picked up a Deteknix Wader from an online UK site for 109.00 Can funds last year.

It's a PI pinpointer and uses both aa and 9v batteries. Waterproof to 10 ft.

I see this as another case of US makers being slow to market. Deteknix even has lithium versions good to 200ft.

i had one and sold it ,  found it wouldnt pick up small foil and some people couldnt understand why i wanted to find small  foil ? to eliminate from my search of course !!!