I signed off on final paperwork just now. First shipment may go on the truck today. Again, this is Tek only, not Fisher.

• Like 3

Thanks so much for chiming-in here Carl. That is the most up-to-the-minute info I think I have ever seen from a manufacturer!

I'm waiting with cash in hand...

Beav

On 1/30/2018 at 9:30 PM, Geotech said:

Production began today on the Tek version. Don't know if any shipped. Fisher next week.

The delay was two-fold. First, when units from the pilot run were water-tested a few failed at 10 feet. We determined that the Gore membrane isn't reliable to 10 feet, so we backed off to a 6 foot rating. Second, the overmolded plastic was difficult to get right, and to make that job worse the molder (USA, not China) shut down for Christmas. But what I saw today was really nice and worth the extra wait.

Thanks, Carl.  If I'm reading Steve's posts right, the Tek and the Fisher are identical except for the paint job?  I'm hoping I can order one or the other next week so it will be here to greet my new EQ 800.  I don't think my EQ and my Sun-ray pinpointer are going to play very well together.  :biggrin: 

It's a shame because I love the thing and it's the main reason I've kept that DFX around for 15 years.

Yes, same exact unit, just whether you like red or green. Sunray had a nice thing going for a while. The good news is that in the world of wireless it won't be long before everyone has wireless pinpointers that mimic the Sunray mode of operation. The TRX was designed to do that (has space for a wireless module) but never got there. The Fisher/Tek models will eventually get wireless.

• Like 6

Gee Carl, I was all geared up to be using the pinpointer 10 feet underwater, and now I can’t! OMG! :laugh:

In jest of course but I swear these days people want to seize on everything. I am looking forward to your pinpointer because I used to use the Uniprobe and it was great but in the end unwieldy. I am guessing a PI pinpointer will work much better in my ground and will wait patiently until you make the red ones. I actually like the Tek look better but went for the red for that little extra visibility should I drop it in the woods (I worry too much :rolleyes:).

fisher-f-pulse-metal-detecting-pinpointer.jpg

• Like 2

Fisher F-Pulse video

If anyone has the F-Pulse or Tek-Point, please give us a review.

I ordered my f-pulse in early December. 

So these should be available for dealers to ship to customers very soon now?

Update:  just got an email with tracking number from metaldetector.com so my fisher f-pulse has shipped.   I ordered it December 6 

Im excited to be getting this pinpointer though I admit I'd rather be getting my Equinox 800. At number 7 on the preorder list I'm hoping for a hefty 2nd shipment..Im pretty sure the f-pulse will not interfere with my f75, and I'm hoping it will also be Ok with the equinox  

• Like 1