Gold Monster Finds Hammered Silver In England

OK, I would never have considered the Gold Monster as a coin detector. Micro jewelry maybe, but coin detecting? Well, in the U.K. most detecting is "dig all non-ferrous" and there is a need for sensitivity to small items because Celtic gold and cut silver coins are small targets. Still, I was quite surprised to see this posted on the Minelab Facebook page. Food for thought for owners of the GM1000.

minelab-gold-monster-hammered-silver-coins-uk.jpg

• Like 2

I remember when I first got my Gold Monster.  I took it outside to my coin garden just out of curiosity and was surprised to see it hit my 10" dime with the bigger coil on.  My soil is not friendly and I have only had a few detectors ( all Minelab) hit that 10" dime.  I thought at the time if a guy was on an old site with no modern trash it would make for a good beep and dig detector.  

Bryan

3 hours ago, auminesweeper said:

Anyone who uses a GM over here is due south of crazy, the old iron particles in the ground from the last 4 or 5000 years would drive you nuts, But good on them for being brave, That's a great result from the GM,

J.

The Iron age started roughly 600bc in Northern Europe so are talking 2600 years. Deus users have being using the high frequency coils quit successfully in the UK on iron infested sites, at higher frequencies than the gold monster, so why not?