The New Coils For The 2300

phoenix

I saw the prototype of the first coil that will be released for the 2300.  10x5"  The tester really likes it and apparently it is dynamite on the jagged bits.   And the main  thing I wanted in these new coils, it is centre mount .  I will probably start using my 2300 a bit more :smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wondered if this was the new coil for the sdc being tested, but it sounds more like a gpx is being used.

Okay, I can’t be the only one who sees the elephant in the room here...?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lunk said:

Okay, I can’t be the only one who sees the elephant in the room here...

Hey Lunk.   Sorry mate, I have no clue what you are talking about here.  Are you saying I didn`t see the prototype coil?

3 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

Oh goody....a 10x5 coil. Sweet.:wub: Where do I stand in line? Just need a smaller coil for the Zed now.

JW :smile:

hey JW.   I don`t think I need a smaller coil than the 14" for the 7000. I got all these pieces with the 14" coil. But the 2300 with greater ground coverage plus centre mount. I gotta have that coil :smile::smile::smile: cheers Dave

WIN_20171018_07_13_19_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah exactly. Also for me, small coil equals less EMI, equals greater sensitivity levels and/or less Smoothing required

• Like 3

8 hours ago, phoenix said:

Hey Lunk.   Sorry mate, I have no clue what you are talking about here.  Are you saying I didn`t see the prototype coil?

Phoenix, While it would be nice to have other coils available for the SDC, I am just surprised that there has been no discussion about the obvious difficulties associated with replacing the 2300s stock coil, which is electrically hard wired to the unit, as well as being mechanically difficult to remove. Not to mention doing so would void the warranty. Also, I haven’t seen any mention of what company or individual(s) is developing these coils. Did I miss a post about this somewhere?

Cheers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Minelab or aftermarket? If not Minelab, what about warranty? I know the coil can be replaced but it sure is not designed for that to be a user option. Will taking the detector apart and replacing the Minelab coil with an aftermarket coil affect the warranty?

Steve, looks like we were both posting the same thoughts at the same time, lol!?