SDC 2300 10000amh Batteries

Rege-PA

I need to replace my original Minelab rechargeable C batteries. I have used a set with 6000mAH and they work great,

Now I see that 10000mAH C batteries are available and much cheaper than the 6000aMH   I purchased 2yrs ago, has anyone used these and is the run time longer?

I looked and there are some 10000mAh C batteries for sale on Ebay for $10.  Not sure if that's what you're referring to...

I'm a bit skeptical about the claims.  Especially for such a low price.  There is only so much power capacity for a particular type and size of battery.  If they were Li-ion, well then maybe....

Personally, I would stick with a 'brand name' even if they have less overall mAh and cost more.  Mostly for the possibility that those 'cheap' batteries could 'melt down' inside your SDC and then what ???

I use Tenergy Premium 5000 mAh C batteries.  They are like $16 for four cells and last around 6 hours on a charge.  I have three sets and have not had any issues.

I have also heard of a Li-ion upgrade available for the SDC that uses two Li-ion cells and supposedly has a greater run time and is a little lighter on the arm.  I haven't used them and can't say much more about it.

Luke

• Like 1

Yeh mate if you`re talking about those cheap red ones on ebay I tried a set and they got the decimal point in the wrong spot.  They should be marked as 0.10000 mAh.  

cheers Dave