Rye Patch Claim Jumpers?

14 hours ago, benzyoc said:

If the claims are clearly and properly marked I doubt many people will chance jumping on to a claim especially one like section 18. Section 19 has plenty of detectable gold and it's not claimed. Also Dan kindly offers his GOOD claims to anyone for 20 bucks a day. 

A simple google search shows that " running plates" is illegal. So if your running plates I wouldn't advertise that. None of the land is marked no trespassing. Owning a claim is different from owing the land. 

Also so if I see a game camera laying around on on unmarked land it's going in my backpack. 

Best solution is to clearly mark your claims. I doubt many people are interested claim jumping the sections you have. 

Make friends with the local people. 

You catch more flys with honey.

I think Section 19 is owned by Newmont Mining.

I'll do a quick search and find out although they did own it for years or have the lease on it.

Have spoke with them recently and they insist they don't want trespassers on their property mainly for liability reasons.

I'm friends with many claim owners out there and we keep an eye on each other.

I must admit if you steal one game camera it would be funny to have the other cameras catch that lol.

No worries we're all prospectors.

Don't claim-jump and don't trespass I think we'll all get along just fine don't you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, benzyoc said:

Wouldn't take a camera but you illegally run people's plates? That's funny. 

I'm not sure how it would be illegal to take a picture of someone's license plate.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, it's the law enforcement officials that 'run the plates'.  I'm pretty sure they do so when a crime, like mineral trespass has been committed.  The pictures of the license plates and the pictures of the illegal mining are used as evidence in charging criminals with a crime.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

I'm not sure how it would be illegal to take a picture of someone's license plate.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, it's the law enforcement officials that 'run the plates'.  I'm pretty sure they do so when a crime, like mineral trespass has been committed.  The pictures of the license plates and the pictures of the illegal mining are used as evidence in charging criminals with a crime.

Citizens running plates is a crime. Law enforcement is a different story. Law enforcement wouldn't just give a citizens phone numbers of other citizens based on pictures. But we all know this. 

Clearly mark the claims. People will stay off. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rail Dawg said:

I think Section 19 is owned by Newmont Mining.

I'll do a quick search and find out although they did own it for years or have the lease on it.

Have spoke with them recently and they insist they don't want trespassers on their property mainly for liability reasons.

I'm friends with many claim owners out there and we keep an eye on each other.

I must admit if you steal one game camera it would be funny to have the other cameras catch that lol.

No worries we're all prospectors.

Don't claim-jump and don't trespass I think we'll all get along just fine don't you?

Tresspassers on their land?  In Nevada which is a open range state if you don't want people on your land you put a fence up or post no trespassing signs. The lack of signs and fences speaks volumes. 

Owning a claim I'd different from leasing claim or owning the land. 

For example. If you claim a BLM section you own the mineral rights but the land is public. Citizens can use that land like any other public land. They just can't take the minerals you claimed.