Sign in to follow this  

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:11 AM, MontAmmie said:

You guys are making me cold.  It's gonna be a bone-chilling 66 degrees at 7 am tomorrow, but I'll be putting on my sweatpants and long sleeves and hitting that low tide anyway!  :laugh:

Oh you poor sad fools....:ohmy:

I will be dredging all Jan when the average temp is 80F and the water is about 60F.... My season ends when there is an overnight frost.

All I can wish for you is that you find enough gold to justify all the masochism ....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

HAHA.. think I've tried everything possible to keep my regulator from freezing over the years.  Even tried running hot water down the line from a hot water heater, never worked.

1.JPG

14.JPG

me in winter.JPG

spring dredgin'.JPG

winter dredging in 99.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By cdv
      Today I got a 10 - 12 signal with iron and mid tones mixed, sure sounded like a bottle cap. Typically I'll dig a scoop to try and determine if it is a bottle  cap by how and if the signal changes. . After 1 scoop all I had in the hole was an iron tone. I decided to look in the scoop and there was the mid tone.....3 grams of PD 950 with tiny diamonds.....pretty blue main stone.
      Pretty amazing how this machine can see a good target around the iron.
      Be careful on those bottle cap signals!

• By Buzzard
      In everyones opinion what would be better...Park 1 or Park 2 for a newbie to the Nox 800.
      I hunt freshwater beach (on the Colorado river in AZ ) also tot lots in town plus a few old home sites ( not that old ) , mostly foundations.
    • By MineBlab
      There is an area of a park that I hunt that I have gone over many times with my CTX, Deus, and EQ 800. I have studiously tried to learn  how to use the many features of each detector to know good targets from questionable ones. Recently friends have expressed an interest in trying metal detecting so I bought a Quest Q20 to loan them because it is simpler than my other machines while still having minimally useful features. Took it out to the area of the park mentioned above to check it out and....you guessed it....found my best find of the past year, a heavy gold plated silver ring. Which got me to thinking.......(always dangerous).
      Its been discussed before of course but I wonder how many of us use all the info and adjustments of our machines to find the good stuff but only end up using all that info almost as a reason NOT to dig. Is that why a new detector always seems to "bring hunted out sites back to life"? Is that why, in the face of increasing technology, beep and dig machines are still out there doing well?
      Knowing your machine(s) is necessary for sure and it's fun tweaking them to get their best. But just what is their best? We've all seen a good strong signal turn out to be something other than what was indicated. Still, there are a few people who can tell an awful lot about a target before digging it and digging every beep is hardly a viable option. Plus you can't sweep every square inch of a site.
      BUT....... I'll bet most of us just outsmart ourselves more often than not. Or is that just me?
    • By brad4555665
      It's not magnetic heavy kind of soft 

• By Ronjas
      One year ago My husband and I decided to try our hand at metal detecting.We were total newbies with a steep learning curve. We purchased a used Xterra 705 for our starting machine. We downloaded and printed Randy Horton’s Xterra guide and have read it many times.  It is a valuable tool for any Xterra owner. We spent the last year educating ourselves on the basics of metal detecting and getting to know our machine. 
      We are feeling pretty confident about the Xterra except for one issue.  I am looking for advice on any errors we are committing or if we possibly have something wrong with our detector.  We have contacted minelab, but they never got back to us about our issue.  So here goes...
      We are having an issue with TID numbers with in ground silver. We have several old silver coins we use for testing.  They air test  perfectly per published Xterra TID charts. When we place a coin (dime, quarter or half dollar, doesn’t matter) in a dug plug and cover, the coins register as ferrous (-8, -6 or -4) every time regardless of the coil we have installed.  We have the stock 9” 7.5 kHz and the 6” 18.75 kHz Double D coils.  We cannot get silver to register as anything but ferrous in the ground.  The depth does not matter.  
      We usually run in all metal or discrim 1 on occasion.  We go through a set up each time we arrive at a place to detect that includes noise canceling, threshold, sensitivity and manual ground balance, although we usually detect in auto ground balance. We use 99 tones and silver in the ground has a ferrous “thunking” sound to go along with the TID numbers.
      We have reset to factory setting several times in the hope of solving this issue to no avail.  We are out of ideas and possibly need service.  Thank you for reading this far.  Any advice or suggestions are welcome and appreciated.  

• By Fskafish
      I was wondering if anyone would want to share pictures of there display cases, not so much shadow boxes but anyone with larger display cases. I love old and nice ones so thought it would be cool to see some...ive got one i pulled out of a general store that opened in the 1930s and been working on it for awhile getting it cleaned up, also have a smaller one that i literally seen in a junk pile on the side of the road that ive been working on replacing rotten wood and for sum reason they lined the inside with wallpaper so been cleaning that up to.. i found the smaller one and amazingly the old glass didnt even have a crack in it..