CTX 3030 Back With A Vengeance

I've had one since they came out and 2 years ago it was standing there all sorry looking in the corner collecting dust.

So I sold it. Guy who bought wasn't all that happy with it, Minelabs have a tendency to bash your ears if you let it. Guy couldn't handle the 50 tones.

Ah well.

But not having a CTX and all this talk about obsoleting this and that. Saw a nice CTX with a few miles on the skidplate looking for a second home.

UPS guy delivered and a day at the beach was on the cards.

This thing is the real deal, no questions asked. Just a lot of awesome RAW detecting power. Swings like a perfectly balanced boat anchor. Boy does it love high conductors.

My settings for a moist windblown autumn beach.

DEEP ON, LOW trash, Manual GB, Auto sens, 2 tones Ferrous with above 31 ringing Hightone. No need to complicate things.

Treshold just below audible, Audio Gain at 5, etc. etc.

This beach has seen hunters all summer long, so pulltabs, bottlecaps, foil galore. High conductors are just about gone.

But there I was digging coins 2 scoops down on a windswept chilly autumn beach with a smile on my face like Garfield.

Got a ring as well, just a shame it was a small little tire-valve nut.

Thx Mr Herschbach, You really made my day.

Thx Mr Minelab, You do know how to make the magic flow.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2017 at 7:48 AM, scoopjohnb said:

...This beach has seen hunters all summer long, so pulltabs, bottlecaps, foil galore. High conductors are just about gone...

Beaches where bottlecaps and pulltabs are all still low conductors..? I remember those days, and am sunburnt with envy..

That's how it used to be stateside too; none of them rang up higher than zinc, most much lower.. Not no mo' tho.. Things started changing a couple / few years ago.. Today I can think of at least two brands each of pop tabs, bottle caps and screw tops that are not only clean high conductors but also hit enough like a dime that you will scoop at it, especially when working a touristy towel-and-chaise line.. Surprise..!

Swamp

Most are swinging AT-Pro's or Ace's and go for the clean sounding high conductors.

Racing over the beach cleaning the surface drops. Foil, they don't even go there :-)

Get a little moisture and the sand goes all conductive on the surface and it's game over for them. See you next year.

I prefer autumn hunts when the crowds are gone. Spring and summer is for fishing on a hard to get at beach.

Now I'm generally a real social person,... till the other guy turns up!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2