Sign in to follow this  
Steve Herschbach

Video - Four Civil War Plates Found!

• Like 2

Why is this not under "metal detecting for coins and relics"?

Found it by accident....

Because it is a Garrett video highlighting the AT Max and so I chose to post it here. Could have posted it under coin and relics also - decisions, decisions. I just went ahead and placed a redirect link under Coin & Relics that points here so that should help. That may have been the better choice as it is more about the relics than the AT Max but oh well. Look at finding it here as another type of treasure hunt!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Cal_Cobra
      Had some business to do out in the country over the weekend and hit a recommended spot that produced in the old days. It's been hard, hard hit, so hard hit it was left to wither away. I don't mind taking a crack at those kind of sites.
      At any rate, I gave it a try for a few hours and was pleasantly impressed with what I was able to dig up on this site left to die. I think I may have dug a half to one of those cheap stamped brass 49er buckles, but this one is a plain Jane. Also got a civil war era eagle button but it's seen better days. Some kind of neat buckle all twisted up, but the prize was a surface find - I believe that tiny bottle is an opium bottle? And of course, leave it to me to find a merc that's likely 100 years newer then the site!!!
      The canslaw was punishing!!

Not too many small arms shells, zero shotgun shells (amazingly!) but some BIG OLD LEAD (bottom) !!!  
      As large as a couple of those pieces are, there could be anything from a gold coin to a silver dollar still out there IMO 🤓

Aside from aluminum, not many conductors left!

This poor eagle button:

Felt good to get out!!  
      I did a lot better at the sale I was picking stuff up from, but there's nothing like detecting old sites
      HH,
      Cal
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Pro-Pointer AT Z-Lynk Instructional Video - Basic features and functions of the fully wireless Pro-Pointer AT Z-Lynk pinpointer are demonstrated. Sections include: wireless syncing; a tip on factory reset; adjusting detection and sensitivity settings; lost pinpointer alarm; retuning the Pro-Pointer to find targets faster or to overcome environmental challenges; battery replacement; and general care.

• By sillllvar
      Well for me at least 😀 So another 2 hour hunt at the pounded out early 1700's Hole, abandoned prob around 1850 or 1860. I Kept circling in the general vicinity of the home site and found a few more buttons and lead bullets. I had a faint but audible signal which read 13/14 and from a good depth out came the little Georgian strap buckle. The buttons were reading at 9/10 in Field 2. The little buckle might not be a silver coin but I'm totally happy that I found it. I've never found one so small or seen one to be honest! I think the conical button might be militia issue as I've had them before with militia insignia on the front. I like that button because the shank is Wayyy off centre! I guess that one was made on a Friday 😁 I thought I might be out this weekend but its rain/thunderstorms both friggin days 😢 Good Luck to all who get out! I'm really starting to think this Nox 800 is going to be one heck of a ride!
      Oh, penny in there for scale.

HH
      Sillllvar

• By Hard Prospector
      Anyone have any insight on this new machine from Nokta? Saw it advertised on a internet discount detector sales site (guess.....yep that's the one), kind of looks like a "futuristic GB2". Man this company never sleeps.

• By strick
      I had intended to go to the beach today...easy and relaxing digging is just so irresistible. Last night I had readied the  Equinox 800,  CTX  and beach scoop in my shop in preparation. During the night as I slept voices kept telling me "Screw the stupid beach and take the Equinox to the foot hills and try it out in some real dirt" Gold nuggets and relics were calling for some reason. I didn't expect to find much...mostly lead bullets etc.... maybe a Chinese coin if I was lucky. And to tell the truth I was not in the mood to dig bird shot today so I hunted mostly in field 2 and Park 2 I put the 800 in gold mode 2 for maybe 5 minutes then switched back. First came the Chinese coin...nice to get one intact...I'd dug one in pieces a few minutes earlier. Then I decided to hunt some tailing piles and I was elated to get the powder flask...an hour or so later I was hunting near a creek so I could retrieve an ax head I had dug last year and left it on a fallen tree.  A solid 12 on the equinox...at first I thought I had a small gold coin due to the serrated edge... But  hey i'll take a gold ring any day. This sucker is old...the Chinese mined this place and I have yet to find any silver coins here. There are gold nuggets few and far between plus the place is riddled with lead shot of all shapes and sizes.  Grass was tall which made for challenging hunting. The ring came from the other side of the creek near the tree in the middle. Good luck and HH!   Park 2, Auto GB, Sens 22, reactivity 6,  iron bias  0 I had to auto GB often due to soil.  Pic with the Sierra is a toast to the old timer before I covered the hole 
      strick