MX Sport Problem

hello fellow detectorist out there, 

Hi from a land far far away, my maxy have problem which when i turn it off , i cant turn it back on. The only way to get it to turn on is to pull out the battery altogether. Even when its on, it will turn off randomly. The way its shut down is like something pressed the on/off button ( what im trying to say is its turn off randomly with beeps like proper shutdown. Sorry cant describe it properly since english is not native. )  I have already done the factory reset and change new batteries, but the problem are still there. 

Is there any way i can rectify this problem on my own, if possible. Sending back to Whites will cost me money ( which i can add a little bit more money  and buy new coil ?)  and time.
Thank you for your time and suggestion. Below is the findings for an hour of detecting before the problem arise ?? 

IMG_20171024_173653.jpg

Never heard of that one before. Loose batteries can cause detectors to shut off but the fact you are having to pull the battery pack and reinstall to reset it would seem to indicate more than that. If nobody chimes in here in the next day with an answer a call or email to White’s would be in order. I hope you get it sorted out soon. Nice finds!

I’d say pull the batteries and work the on off button several times. To me it’s sticking maybe half on off.

Do like Steve said and contact White’s. Be sure to include serial number of unit. They may send you a shipping label .

I wish we could be more helpful .

Chuck

Hello Chuck, thank you for the response. After doing some basic troubleshooting, found out that the problem occur due to water leaking into the control box from yesterday waterfall hunt, I think. I always checked the connectors before going into the water. 

Here is my dilemma since my awesome MX sports still under warranty;

I'm on a 4 days road trip for relic hunt with secondary objectives going for freshwater hunt and have cost us around USD 200 on expenses and 9 hours away from hometown. Today is just a second day. We can't go back now, its not fair to my friends  and we don't have spare metal detector too. I don't want to cancel the trip due to my faulty metal detector since we have planned this trip a long time ago. And what would I do without my beloved MX sport for another 2 days ?. Long story short, I decided to open up the control box to dry up the circuit board and the display panel and hoping it will work (BTW I'm doing these because I'm familiar with electronics board, microelectronics). 

As you can see there are vapor inside the displayIMG-20171026-WA0050.thumb.jpg.b886355f0cd4243f0440944cf0ce0f1f.jpg

Water droplet inside the control box

IMG-20171026-WA0055.thumb.jpg.b3d934de1daf3a2ac037f15c16a7567b.jpg

I won't upload the control circuitry since its was the intellectual property of Whites and its wet. Still don't know where the water coming from but its works for now. 

If you dry it out there should be no immediate harm done. If water got in just from being around a waterfall that will have to be sorted out. That should not happen - I think the pod is completely sealed or at least it should be. A poor headphone or coil connection on your part should still not allow water into the electronics.

Years ago before waterproof I drop a detector in freshwater and it went under. I pick it up and poured the water out. Then went to my car and turned the heat on to dry it out. After about 20 mins. I was detecting again.

The first thing is disconnect the batteries right away.

Anything is waterproof until water gets in it and it can happen to the best of detectors.

Chuck

17 hours ago, fishersari said:
hello fellow detectorist out there, 

Hi from a land far far away, my maxy have problem which when i turn it off , i cant turn it back on. The only way to get it to turn on is to pull out the battery altogether. Even when its on, it will turn off randomly. The way its shut down is like something pressed the on/off button ( what im trying to say is its turn off randomly with beeps like proper shutdown. Sorry cant describe it properly since english is not native. )  I have already done the factory reset and change new batteries, but the problem are still there. 

Is there any way i can rectify this problem on my own, if possible. Sending back to Whites will cost me money ( which i can add a little bit more money  and buy new coil ?)  and time.
Thank you for your time and suggestion. Below is the findings for an hour of detecting before the problem arise ?? 

IMG_20171024_173653.jpg

Can you contact the factory directly? https://www.whiteselectronics.com/contact-us/?lang=us