What's The Terrain Like At Lsd, Here's Your Answer

Guest Jennifer

Guest Jennifer

If anyone's wondering what it looks like at Little San Domingo, here's your answer.

I went for a little hikeeee hike hike today to one of the highest, if not THE highest peak just north west of the parking area where Bill has his outings, this is just north of there, just west of where the entering BLM land signs are on the same road..... the panorama is oooooober cool, you have to zoom in for full effect, if you do, you'll see my truck off in the distance. The panorama was taken from that little peak showing above the cactus in the last shot.

My calves are gonna hurt tomorrrrrrrooooooowwwww.

Beautiful orange colors on that dirt pile coming up, just before the turn off, looks like Western Australia.

Jen

20171028_121254.jpg

20171028_121246.jpg

20171028_083632.jpg

20171028_121214.jpg

20171028_121234.jpg

20171028_121621.jpg

20171028_124504.jpg

20171028_130631.jpg

Guest Jennifer
2 hours ago, beatup said:

thanks for sharing Jen, it is pretty country out that way.

Pretty steep..... it doesn't look like it in the shot looking up above the cactus but the entire hillsides there are covered in chunks of red sharp float and it's like walking on marbles.... not a piece of quartz in site. I half expected to twist my ankle every step as the rocks were so loose, terrible ground for prospecting but it sure is a good workout... for sure not relaxing detecting..... dug lots of trash... and trash WAY at the peak even (mining trash, boot tacks, not just lead) like I've never seen before.. crazy.

Guest Jennifer
9 hours ago, Clay Diggins said:

That's sad.

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.... as I learned yesterday, those that can.... detect, those that can't..... park their trucks in the parking lot and unload HUGE LONG bus size chromed out, lit to the max with LED's atv's costing more than some peoples houses and race up and down the roads in big clouds of dust, so big they all look like they're about to rob a bank because everyone has to wear a bandana to not breath the dust...... I'll stick to detecting, at least there's a 'chance' of recooping some of my investment in equipment. :rolleyes: (plus the views better up here, the air's cleaner, and my booty will take a lot longer to get big than those sitting riding around all day)

Jen ,the best spots for me  to work out at LSD are the small benches on the hill sides ,for me they have produced better the any other areas out there.

Guest Jennifer
5 minutes ago, beatup said:

Jen ,the best spots for me  to work out at LSD are the small benches on the hill sides ,for me they have produced better the any other areas out there.

Thanks, that's usually the type of areas I look for as well but my options were limited with all the state land trust there and as I'm not a Road Runner member yet and didn't want to go on their claims, I had my phone with me with their KMZ file loaded to ensure I didn't and the only spot I had access to without a quad was pretty steep..... was good fun though.