MX 7 And Halloween Tomorrow

Tom from White’s made a statement that the  color of the MX 7 had to do with the day it would hit the market.

All know that we see orange everywhere on Halloween. Now with that said will it hold true on the hint that Tom drop.

Maybe it could be what Halloween is all about and that’s Trick or Treat.

Intil tomorrow when we’ll all know.

Chuck

Tom

Steve told me that dealers was posting that the MX 7 would be out in November. 

Well for all of you that want the MX 7 . Now you have two things to look forward to with one a new detector and Thanksgiving . Be sure to give Thanks for the detector.

Chuck

• Like 1

Tom

You won’t see my hand out being White’s was so good to me when my detector was sick.

Now if I buy another detector from White’s that will be another story. Haha

One of my Grandsons wants to get into detecting so I may make it happen.

Chuck

The choice of that shade of orange for the MX7 is, to me, an attractive color.  And it is very fitting for this 'season' here in much of the Northern Hemisphere as we are now into fall.  So it can be a 'hint' of Halloween to some, but to me it was just a close-guess suggestion because the fall season and typical decorations, including orange pumpkins and orange tree leaves and such I associate with things from Halloween to Thanksgiving, so I took the hint to suggest this fall, and in November.

I was also pleased to see that the MX7 appeared to be essentially a land-based (weatherproof,  not waterproof and submersible) version of the MX Sport.  On occasion I'll get in some beach hunting, but I don't swim so I don't need a detector that does, either, thus the MX Sport wasn't a good 'fit' for me.  Besides, we all know about the nutty pre-release videos that were out and the many glitches the MX Sport had at release, and I wasn't very impressed when my local dealer got theirs in.

That simply signal to me that the MX Sport wasn't really farmed out to enough evaluators to get it checked out and corrected before it was put into final production and that rush-to-market left a bad taste with many.  However, it was close, and White's put in the time and effort to make corrections and improvements in the circuitry, and also changes by getting away from terrible videos, as well as people changes who deal with the media (A clap of hands for Tom Boykin)

With the announcement of the MX7 I was pleased to see that, since it is basically an MX Sport circuitry, they should have all the bugs worked out by now.  I have a couple of friends who use the MX Sport and are quite satisfied with the performance and have no issues at all.   Then I considered any other packaging changes and I was even happier to see they finally put the headphone jack where it should be, at the rear of the device, and that the outfit is kind of similar-to the MX5 package.

I do wish they would have used the spoked 9" Concentric instead of the old-style 950, and while they do have the 7" DD I really am hoping that somewhere in the future they will offer a smaller-size Concentric coil.  Something maybe in the 6" to 7" diameter size.  But for now, White's has brought a new model to market that I feel should make a very decent 'fit' in my detector arsenal, and I believe this new product, both attractive, functionally designed, and at a more competitive retail price will also appeal to a lot of avid detectorists looking for a land-based detector in an up-to-date engineerd circuitry design.

Just my thoughts and I can't wait to get mine and head out hunting with it!

Monte

• Like 1