There's Those Who Have Mastered, Then Come The Apprentices

Well done sir Ashley!  I hadn't looked in on this thread until now.

It begs the question about the masters ... what do you think their yearly or lifetime take could be?  Are there many who have detected 500 ounces or more in a lifetime?  250?  Those certainly would be huge numbers for over here but maybe a few who started in the 70s and 80s could do it?

Mitchel

Thanks beatup & Steve.

On 11/3/2017 at 6:52 AM, kiwijw said:

Come on Ash....you are no apprentice

Kiwijw : The apprentice bit was the first thing that popped in my mind after looking through the " Reg Wilson Collection post"  and then i posted up this post. But i still consider myself an apprentice as i am always learning, learning, learning.

mn90403, Thanks,    "Those that have mastered", I wouldn't like to hazard a guess on their gold take and most would never divulge it,  But "Those that have Mastered" to me means mastered their detector, Mastered reading the ground and their environment and the gold will come.

Cheers

Ashley

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ashley100456 said:

But i still consider myself an apprentice as i am always learning, learning, learning.

If that's the qualification then everyone (worth a $#!^) is an apprentice.  Proud to be part of the club.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ashley100456 said:

The apprentice bit was the first thing that popped in my mind after looking through the " Reg Wilson Collection post"  and then i posted up this post. But i still consider myself an apprentice as i am always learning, learning, learning

12 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

If that's the qualification then everyone (worth a $#!^) is an apprentice.  Proud to be part of the club.

Absolutely. Count me in as well.

Every time I think I've got this game sorted, something unexpected emerges from left field just to remind me that I haven't  :sad:

• Like 1

Tis like most of lifes quests, an open mind helps a lot, keeps you always learning, especially as you get on a bit and find you are always forgetting, ah CRAFT disease.... now what was I on about............:wink:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

Mitchel,

Some of my friends say 2 ounces per week during the season as an average is minimum just to stay afloat....

That was a clue to me as to how hard it is to depend on prospecting for a living....   ah  but what a wonderful office they have!

How many ounces do you think Smokey Baird found in his life?  There are stories about a lot of other electronic prospectors who are now passing away that found GOOD pokes in their lifetimes.

Chris Ralph must have lots of stories.  I wonder how many were in ICMJ?  Montana comes to mind but many, many legends I've never heard of and probably never will.

How will we ever know if everyone keeps it a secret?

Aren't there some good electronic prospectors in Alaska?  Africa now ... and of course down under.  It just makes me wonder.

Mitchel