Jump to content
Ashley100456

There's Those Who Have Mastered, Then Come The Apprentices

Recommended Posts

Come on Ash....you are no apprentice :rolleyes: Well done mate. Gosh...is that what 11 ounces looks like. I wouldn't have thought there was 11 ounces there. Your gold must be heavier than ours :laugh: Yep...lot of digging there....& a few beers hey :biggrin: Cheers.

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done sir Ashley!  I hadn't looked in on this thread until now.

It begs the question about the masters ... what do you think their yearly or lifetime take could be?  Are there many who have detected 500 ounces or more in a lifetime?  250?  Those certainly would be huge numbers for over here but maybe a few who started in the 70s and 80s could do it?

Mitchel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mitchel,

Some of my friends say 2 ounces per week during the season as an average is minimum just to stay afloat....

That was a clue to me as to how hard it is to depend on prospecting for a living....   ah  but what a wonderful office they have!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks beatup & Steve.

On 11/3/2017 at 6:52 AM, kiwijw said:

Come on Ash....you are no apprentice

Kiwijw : The apprentice bit was the first thing that popped in my mind after looking through the " Reg Wilson Collection post"  and then i posted up this post. But i still consider myself an apprentice as i am always learning, learning, learning.

mn90403, Thanks,    "Those that have mastered", I wouldn't like to hazard a guess on their gold take and most would never divulge it,  But "Those that have Mastered" to me means mastered their detector, Mastered reading the ground and their environment and the gold will come.

Cheers

Ashley

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ashley100456 said:

But i still consider myself an apprentice as i am always learning, learning, learning.

If that's the qualification then everyone (worth a $#!^) is an apprentice.  Proud to be part of the club.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ash, The detecting world is always evolving & so we are always learning. Well I know I am any way. Some of us switch on quicker & earlier than others in regards to this, & I know l am not one of those :rolleyes:. Cheers.

Best of luck out there

JW :smile: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ashley100456 said:

The apprentice bit was the first thing that popped in my mind after looking through the " Reg Wilson Collection post"  and then i posted up this post. But i still consider myself an apprentice as i am always learning, learning, learning

 

12 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

If that's the qualification then everyone (worth a $#!^) is an apprentice.  Proud to be part of the club.

Absolutely. Count me in as well.

Every time I think I've got this game sorted, something unexpected emerges from left field just to remind me that I haven't  :sad:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tis like most of lifes quests, an open mind helps a lot, keeps you always learning, especially as you get on a bit and find you are always forgetting, ah CRAFT disease.... now what was I on about............:wink:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

Mitchel,

Some of my friends say 2 ounces per week during the season as an average is minimum just to stay afloat....

That was a clue to me as to how hard it is to depend on prospecting for a living....   ah  but what a wonderful office they have!

How many ounces do you think Smokey Baird found in his life?  There are stories about a lot of other electronic prospectors who are now passing away that found GOOD pokes in their lifetimes.

Chris Ralph must have lots of stories.  I wonder how many were in ICMJ?  Montana comes to mind but many, many legends I've never heard of and probably never will.

How will we ever know if everyone keeps it a secret?

Aren't there some good electronic prospectors in Alaska?  Africa now ... and of course down under.  It just makes me wonder.

Mitchel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×