mn90403

News For Paul -- It Is Still Out There In WA !

It seems they are still finding a few little nuggets out there Paul.  I doubt they will let you detect there but maybe you can go near?

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/gold-fever-in-wa-as-miner-digs-up-big-nuggets-20171102-gzdgmf.html 

The nugget weighs in at more than half a kilo and measures ten centimetres across.

What say the Prospectors already over there?

Mitchel

• Like 1

It won't let me put WA   

Oz has huge areas with great potential...you just need to work the known areas and circle from there, do you research and never quit. The gold is still there.

fred

Couple of months ago there was a story in Ozs Gold Gem & Treasure Mag that told of a visitor in WA that found a 400oz patch. Now that`ll stir the lad for sure, however I think the reality is be content with a few nuggets and the experience, tis a big island OZ.

But saying that if you don`t give it a go you`ll never know and that I guess sums up prospectors attitude and why the hell not.

MN see if we can get him in and post, stir him up a wee bit and capice no .................:wink:

He's at his new job about 4 miles from me but we have not had time to meet up yet.  Next week I suspect we'll see each other and give it a go.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      I like some of the creative photography experiments here with gold nuggets and more....
      https://www.instagram.com/goldsweeper/
    • By roddosnow
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFgzy3yZCA1FdeJcOEbOYMQ/videos
      Just thought i would post this up, i have been watching his clips for a while now, 
      He is the most prolific gold finder with the monster i have seen,
      certainly shows how good the monster is at pinging those specimens and tiny flakes.
      I have been loving the posts by Kiwijw & Phrunt who have been doing well with the monster in NZ but i haven't seen much of the monster in Australia and more in the more mineralised ground until i came across this guy.
      Cheers,  

• By idahogold
      First Class trip w/ my Mate' Tony!  Enjoy! Ig

• By phoenix
      I was going through my computer looking at different stuff that I had forgotten I had and I came across this shortcut to the archives of Gold Net Australia.   Gold Net Australia Online went from 1999 to 2002 and remarkably, it`s still there.  Probably not of great interest to people in the States, but if you enjoy reading about coil developement from 20 yrs ago, or accommodation, or a review of the GP Extreme,  or divining rods, or storys of big finds or just pictures of beaut nuggets, there might be something here of interest.
      http://www.gold-net.com.au/archives.html
    • By RobboChasingYella
      G'day fellas and ladies. Glad to join another informative group. I'm from Victoria and have been detecting since October 2017. Still clueless really. I have decided recently that I need to expand mu hunt for the elusive yellow metal. I want to learn to chase the gold by panning and trace it to a lead or source. Just detecting isn't cutting the mustard. I've had a dry spell now since Australia Day. In total since Ive began I have found just shy of half an ounce. But last 6 or 7 trips up to the GT have yielded nada. Thanks for letting me in to this group. Good luck in ya hunts and may the gold gods shine favourably upon you 

• By Steve Herschbach
      Interesting as we normally see gold nugget videos from Oz. The finds remind me of what you would see in California gold country.