A Half Day At Tarnagulla

phoenix

JW anybody can find multi ounce nuggets that are just laying around, but it takes real talent to find the point oners.. At least that`s what I keep telling myself. cheers Dave :smile:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Tarnagulla has never been kind to me either Dave. Best I ever scored there were a couple of sub ouncers years ago.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dave: More Llanelly than Tarnagulla, but have a try around Black Ben reef and gully. Oodles of small gold there once and the Z cranked right up should find more.

Same applies to the reef heaps and upper parts of the gullies draining the Corfu Reef area.

PS: Don't tell anyone I told you though!  :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/4/2017 at 4:46 PM, jrbeatty said:

Dave: More Llanelly than Tarnagulla, but have a try around Black Ben reef and gully. Oodles of small gold there once and the Z cranked right up should find more.

Same applies to the reef heaps and upper parts of the gullies draining the Corfu Reef area.

PS: Don't tell anyone I told you though!  :biggrin:

Corfu brings back memories, I found a beautiful 1/4 oz further down the drainages just off the edge on some surfacing back in 1995. The piece was in red clay which just fell off when I put the nugget in water, leaving a bright polished piece of gold behind. Amazing place Victoria. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Certainly pretty gold at the Corfu, JP. One of Jim Stewarts favourite places and he found a lot of bits in the surfacings over the road from the dam. Got my last bit there (a 3 grammer) following the burn off a couple of years back.

It's another one of those areas where you were once sure to find something, having suffered a goldless day elsewhere :smile:

Speaking of Jim, Robyn is scanning his gold album over coming weeks and I'll be able to post it shortly.

Sorry to derail your topic Phoenix, feel free to reciprocate on mine any time you wish! :biggrin:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jrbeatty said:

Speaking of Jim, Robyn is scanning his gold album over coming weeks and I'll be able to post it shortly.

I met Jim on 5 or 6 occasions and some of the storys he told me were nothing short of astonishing.  Apparently back in the early days if he came home with less than a ounce of gold he had had a bad day.   I can`t even comprehend that.    I am very much looking forward to Jim Stewarts gold album :smile:

• Thanks 1