Equinox 800 Search Modes - Four Detectors In One?

I believe the caption in the gold picture reads “Great for gold nugget hunting in “hot” ground”.

Is there any chance the Eq800 will rival the GM100 for finding gold?

Just wondering if somebody can clarify something for me about the multi-frequency options on the 800.  I'm guessing nobody really knows the answer but others with previous models of multi-frquency machines might know.  

Obviously the machine can run in all 5 frequencies simultaneously.  I've got that bit :wink:

And from what I can glean you can also select just 1 frequency?  Yes? 

What about if I want to select frequency 5 and 40?  Or just 20 and 40?  Or 5, 20 and 40?  Do we think this will be possible on the Equinox or has this been the case on previous multi-frequency detectors? 

The reason I ask is that I read on here somewhere in the pages and pages of hype that you lose some level of power/ability/ooommph when you are using multi-frequency versus single frequency.  So instead of running 5 frequencies on the 800 can I just run 3 freqs (5, 20 and 40), cover most of my bases and get that little bit more oooommph from the machine? 

Or might it be so insignificant that it is easier to run all 5?

Hope that makes sense :unsure:

You can run in a multifrequency mode, or pick a single frequency to run at. Minelab customizes the multifrequency for each mode but you do not have the ability modify that mix nor has that been possible with other multifrequency detectors.

Since no previous machines are using Multi-IQ what people experience as regards other multifrequency machines does not matter. More information regarding Multi-IQ and how it works in relation to single frequencies will be forthcoming soon.

• Thanks 1