After researching every gold wheel available, priced under $1,000.00? The Keene GW25, 25in diameter gold wheel proves to be the most bang for the buck, being able to produce gold dust-sized gold, and feed 400+ lbs of material per hour.

At $475, it can't be beat.

Have you used the Keene GW25? The 400 pound per hour feed rate is a joke. The construction quality of the early units was poor, but perhaps it has improved on the newer models.

AD1ED7A6-48D3-4FE7-9469-65ACD73E76A6.jpeg

I would recommend Gold Hog's Multi-Sluice. Far more bang for your buck .......

Gold Hog Multi Sluice

Unfortunately the quality of the GW25 is still the same as it was before.. built like some bad kids toy,  however with it having a lot of pickups, rubber ribs and being 25" its the best (non commercial) goldwheel out there.  Honestly I hate goldwheels but with all the heavies we have up in Chicken I bought one to try it out and loved it.

• Like 2

I still recommend a Multi Sluice..... 

• Like 1

I actually have 1 GW25 left.. my display model.  Normally 499.00, I'll let it go for 450.00  In store pickup only.

13 minutes ago, Brian Berkhahn said:

I actually have 1 GW25 left.. my display model.  Normally 499.00, I'll let it go for 450.00  In store pickup only.

Can't get rid of it soon enough eh?.........:biggrin:

End of season is coming up.. make someone a deal.

• Haha 1

I really doubt the gold wheel will capture gold this fine or this fast........ I could be wrong but I doubt it.

I know commercial gold wheels will do that good or better. Cheap consumer models, not so much. If you have not used and compared products personally then you really don’t know. As usual, proper screening and operation is critical, as is the type of concentrate and the nature of the gold. As a rule turbulence and fine gold recovery do not go together, and the amount of turbulence generated by an improperly run gold wheel will be a cause of fine gold loss. I do think smooth laminar flows aid in fine gold recovery, and that being the case I do think a smooth running flat bottom “recovery sluice” will get better returns on fine gold versus a wheel, all other things being equal. Wheels do work just fine for many dredgers in particular, for whom ultra fine gold recovery is usually not so much a concern, simply because most dredges lose most of it anyway.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By SteveJJ
      Ok, I'm a newb, and maybe a bit impressionable, but this really caught my attention. It's a long video by Doc of Gold Hog, but if you jump to about 23:00 you'll just see it in action to see for yourself. It's essentially a small short sluice that is hand operated. He processes a bucket in less time that it took me to do one pan (first day of panning). I figure this is a good way to run some material quickly, without the sluice. 
      I'm just beginning and hope this isn't a hoax, but it sure looks to make a lot of sense. Maybe someday I'll have a dredge or high banker, but this sure beats the pan for concentrating and suits my budget.
      Hope you enjoy the vid as much as I did!

• By LipCa
      Mods to try to catch some fine gold... 
      Cut box down to 3', added ribbed mat and punchplate.  built a new inlet.
      Will try it out this weekend.....

• By madtuna
      Hi Folks, say you hypothetically  had a fair amount of crushed ore to process, and due to the amount of mustard gold in quantities worth recovering, what would you recommend and why?
      Water can be a problem so recirculating would be good, portability is a big want, will be using mercury and a retort due to the mustard gold.
      Open to suggestions.

Many thanks,

Steve
    • By Triplehooked
      Has anyone tried one of these? Looks like a versatile piece of kit! I'm wondering what kind of run time you would get out of the electric pumps on say a 29 series deep cycle battery...

https://keeneeng.com/mini-max-power-sluice/

• By GB_Amateur
      I understand that there are multiple reasons for panning especially when you include professionals all the way to occasional, recreational prospectors.  I'm definitely near the right end of this spectrum, but I'd like to get better, faster, more efficient.  To be specific, I want to find all the gold in my bucket, and I'm not trying to make a threshold cut at return per time spent.  Here are some questions I have:
      1) Does classification help enough to make it worthwhile to buy, carry, store one or more in the first place?  (If 'no' then I guess the rest of these questions are unnecessary.)
      2) What sizes should one use?  I know there is an array of sizes, but how many of those are useful?
      3) Do you stack multiple sizes in one operation?
      4) Do you still investigate the materials that the classifier rejects as too large?  For example, with the wire mesh types do you dump the contents onto a clean, metal free area and run a detector over them to make sure there isn't a nice size chunk of the magic metal in your rejects?
      5) I know the GPAA sells a set of screens that you swap in/out of a single housing.  Is that the best direction to go if you are going to use multiple sizes?
      If I've missed any important points, please enlighten me on those as well.  Thanks in advance for your answers.

• By johnedoe
      Do we have any beach miners here?
      I'm in Oregon and do a bit of sand sifting. The Oregon laws for the beach include No Power equipment so you have to ground sluice or have a recirculator above the high tide line or above the grass line. Kind of a pain but doable.
      Anyway I have a thread going over at TreasureNet that is a little rambling but it will show ya what kind of equipment I use and some of the results.... Nope nothing like the Nome beaches but it gets me off the couch and I manage to eek out a little color.
      So here's a link to the thread, hope you find some humor in it as well as maybe a little info. too.
      http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/sluicing/454120-got-out-little-today.html
      If we get a discussion going here I will just post anything new here instead of a link to another forum.
      Thank's for looking.
      Also does anyone have any info on beach mining in northern cal.? I can't find a thing on it and I have heard of a couple very promising beaches. But I won't spend the time and energy on them and the trip without some knowledge on the regs.