After researching every gold wheel available, priced under $1,000.00? The Keene GW25, 25in diameter gold wheel proves to be the most bang for the buck, being able to produce gold dust-sized gold, and feed 400+ lbs of material per hour.

At $475, it can't be beat.

Have you used the Keene GW25? The 400 pound per hour feed rate is a joke. The construction quality of the early units was poor, but perhaps it has improved on the newer models.

AD1ED7A6-48D3-4FE7-9469-65ACD73E76A6.jpeg

I would recommend Gold Hog's Multi-Sluice. Far more bang for your buck .......

Gold Hog Multi Sluice

Unfortunately the quality of the GW25 is still the same as it was before.. built like some bad kids toy,  however with it having a lot of pickups, rubber ribs and being 25" its the best (non commercial) goldwheel out there.  Honestly I hate goldwheels but with all the heavies we have up in Chicken I bought one to try it out and loved it.

• Like 2

I still recommend a Multi Sluice..... 

• Like 1

I actually have 1 GW25 left.. my display model.  Normally 499.00, I'll let it go for 450.00  In store pickup only.

13 minutes ago, Brian Berkhahn said:

I actually have 1 GW25 left.. my display model.  Normally 499.00, I'll let it go for 450.00  In store pickup only.

Can't get rid of it soon enough eh?.........:biggrin:

End of season is coming up.. make someone a deal.

• Haha 1

I really doubt the gold wheel will capture gold this fine or this fast........ I could be wrong but I doubt it.

I know commercial gold wheels will do that good or better. Cheap consumer models, not so much. If you have not used and compared products personally then you really don’t know. As usual, proper screening and operation is critical, as is the type of concentrate and the nature of the gold. As a rule turbulence and fine gold recovery do not go together, and the amount of turbulence generated by an improperly run gold wheel will be a cause of fine gold loss. I do think smooth laminar flows aid in fine gold recovery, and that being the case I do think a smooth running flat bottom “recovery sluice” will get better returns on fine gold versus a wheel, all other things being equal. Wheels do work just fine for many dredgers in particular, for whom ultra fine gold recovery is usually not so much a concern, simply because most dredges lose most of it anyway.

• Like 2