Never used Keene's wheel but I have used a Desert Fox and I own a Gold Screw wheel.

The Desert Fox was pathetic! Hard to set up, small wheel and not good at gold recovery!

The Gold Screw is a far better wheel, it has a large diameter wheel and steep undercut riffles as well a bump jig feature. It will recover 200 mesh all day long, and when I say all day long I mean it takes that long to process a few buckets of fines. LOL.

Now I use a Gold Cube with a Trammel on Top. Pretty happy with that as I can run a bunch of unclassified cons in short order and the recover is good enough for me.

I guess if all I had was 100 mesh and smaller to work, I would be looking for the best recovery method but I'd also probably not be prospecting then.

I think a lot of folks put Mercury in the panning wheels? But there again, when is the return not worth the effort?

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:25 AM, sjmpainter said:

I guess if all I had was 100 mesh and smaller to work, I would be looking for the best recovery method but I'd also probably not be prospecting then.

If that's what I had I'd be looking at a Knudson bowl or some other kind of centrifuge.

Yeah but centrifuges do not apply too well for a person hand shoveling into a beach box due to the cost. Even most dredgers etc. are going to use wheels, cubes, sluices, and other recovery devices for affordability and easy transport if nothing else.

True.. I was just referring to final clean up of cons.  Unless it's like the huge tow behind centrifuge that was bought for my trommel that used a 6" hose coming off my fines sluice to supply it but was never able to use it cause my mining partner passed away.

http://www.oro-industries.com/products/centrifuge/centrifuge_oro-industries.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So just an update on the GW25's.. apparently they have been discontinued as I was told that I won't be getting any on my next shipment and to refund anyone who ordered them.  Don't know why..

Brian

Another problem with Knelson concentrators is the company is rather snobbish towards individual sales. I once called them inquiring on their smallest lab scale concentrator and they were far from helpful. http://www.flsmidth.com/en-US/About+FLSmidth/Our+History/Our+Product+Brands/Knelson

Has anyone here tried a Miller/Water table for sub 100?

3 hours ago, Bryce said:

Another problem with Knelson concentrators is the company is rather snobbish towards individual sales. I once called them inquiring on their smallest lab scale concentrator and they were far from helpful. http://www.flsmidth.com/en-US/About+FLSmidth/Our+History/Our+Product+Brands/Knelson

Has anyone here tried a Miller/Water table for sub 100?

They work but are very tedious....

I would look into the multi-sluice if I were you..... Just sayin......

• Like 1

Or you might build something like this.....

Guy did a great job on this sweet little cleanup sluice miller table combo.

If I built one there are a couple little mods I would make to the feed area but that's about it.

• Like 1