No real information yet but this was just posted to the Fisher Facebook page. The Fisher F75+ is on the way!

fisher-f75-plus-announcement.jpg

The Fisher F75 is the company's flagship model, and so I assume this is an update with some sort of additional features, otherwise we would be looking at a different model name. Time will tell.

fisher-f75-plus-color-flyer-2018.jpg

The marketing wars escalate.  Isn't it time for Nokta/Makro to come up with something new?  ("Time" on their schedule is about once a year, shorter than its competition.)  Given how long it's been since First Texas came out with something new at the high end, I hope it's more than a couple tweeks.  I have a feeling (just based upon my confidence in FT) that it will be.

I was talking to Felix last week about the repair of my CZ 21, I asked him if they were going to offer the upgrade again to the F75. In an almost sorta kinda commitment he said to look on the web page on or about today it would probably happen. I have not seen the upgrade today on the webpage, maybe this is what he meant.

Tim

I mentioned this on Tom's site too, but thinking what a + could add.  I'm guessing along the lines of something I'd like on the F75.   I'd like a variable tone break option in the single and two tone options where I get to select the pitch of the upper tone.   You can select the pitch today but I'd want it to carry over to any variable tone break option too.

That would be useful.   

Most of the time I run the F75 in JE mode with the Delta Pitch audio selection with max disc with the Foil, Nickel and first Tab segments notched in.   Usually running a sensitivity setting of 0, sometimes as high as 25.   Sweet.  

A Variable tone break would let me dip my foil notch down to about 12 or 13.   That would be helpful to me.   I could do the same thing with the disc setting but I like the Disc setting on max and use the notches.   That way if I need to dip backward into the zinc range a little I can without having to bring in the whole range.

Anyway, just talking in my hat as I have no more info than anyone else.

How about a 4"x18" DD coil.   Now that would be a sweet heart combination on a F75.

Kind of hard to improve upon the F75 DST models without going to totally new tech.   They are just solid performers.

HH
Mike

• Like 2

Tone break would be big. Right now anyone using two tone ferrous is stuck with a factory break point that is too high, forcing some to use mono tone with a lower disc setting as a work around. I would like to see notching / discrimination run all the way to high coin also, but that’s a very minor thing compared to the tone break.

Makung it where DST can really be disabled, especially while in all metal mode, would be good. In theory you can shut DST off but it does not seem to get a person back to where pre-DST machines were as far as all metal performance.

I will admit to being a little disappointed. I was looking for the big next generation announcement. Instead, it looks like they are trying to breath new life into old models as a way to bridge the gap between now and whenever the new generation arrives. Which in turn makes me think we have a long wait yet before that happens. I hope I am wrong. In the meantime we have this to find out more about at least.

Maybe they added wireless headphone capability. That’s an easy upgrade without actually having to improve on performance.

So looks like maybe no Mosca for a while.

But this interests me a lot more: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8sdp4RG73g&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop

taken from: 

Link deleted since Findmall Forum update broke all old links

Yeah, First Texas is moving forward on a new PI project. It makes me wonder if the CZX/Mosca stalled out and they needed a new direction? I don’t know but the subject has been discussed on two prior threads here:

June 13, 2017 Alexandre Tartar Joins First Texas

June 14, 2017 Something New In The World Of PI Detectors?

Back to the F75+ and the release of one item of information at a time. Apparently First Texas will introduce a transferable warranty along with the Plus models. Definitely about time - warranties should cover the product for the warranty period regardless of whether it changes hands. First Texas was one of the last holdouts when it comes to the warranty only applying to the original owner. No more word on what the det3ctors itself does that is actually new however.

• Like 1