It will need to be something to excite all those guys and gals that have already pre-ordered the Equinox and also the F users from crossing over.  Everyone, I mean all of my hunting  buddies have made up their mind to buy the 800 model.  It's hard for me to believe so many of my hunting friends will completely abandon their tried and tested machines.  Now I must admit, the thought is happening to me too.  I've used 1st Texas machines for some 15 years and this craze is hitting me also.  Why would a person spend $1000-1500 or more for any machine if a $899 could do the same thing?:blink:

First Texas is more interested in telling us about the new pinpointer than that F75+. I check every day and so far it appears to be a standard F75 with Boost Mode added. There is talk of transferable warranty and warranty extensions but it is a bit unclear. May have to do with upgrades? Hints of more but nothing firm. So far this looks like a intermediate machine between the regular F75 and F75 Ltd.

fisher-f75-plus-metal-detector.jpg

I think Russ said on the podcast that the Fisher 5 year warranty to the original owner would remain, but now would be transferrable for the first two years.

He also said that the “+” would come with a certificate good for a free factory refurb/upgrade within the 5 years.  

Having said that, I got the impression from how he described it that they were still sorting out exactly how that would work.

Yeah, kind of vague. Also the vague reference of the really “new” stuff coming within a couple years. Within meaning a few weeks or 1 year 11 months. Anyway, from their Facebook posts I had assumed all the info on the F75+ would be released last week. Either that’s not true, or we have already heard it. Unless some remarkable information is being withheld this is not “the next generation” First Texas model we have been waiting on so long.

Like you,I was looking every day for the new information, I saw nothing new last week.

That is the game though, keep us all talking.

From the Fisher Facebook page:

Some more information on the F75+.

What we know so far:
- The F75+ has BOOST and CACHE MODE
- Waterproof 11-inch Open Frame Bi-Axial™ Searchcoil
- Operating Frequency 13 kHz
- Double Filter Discrimination Modes For Searching In Trashy 
Areas
- Trigger Actuated FASTGRAB™ Instant Ground Canceling with 
manual override
-The F75+ has a transferable warranty

What you don't know:

We're also throwing in a Digger with every F75+ 
Digger Features
- Tough carbon steel blade 7.5" L x 2" W
- Total tool length 12"
- Double-edged blade with 32 sharp cutting teeth to rip through -
roots and dirt
- No-slip blade guard
- Comfortable rubber handle
- Tough Cordura carry sheath for belt mount use

More to come soon...

With Boost and now Cache Mode this is sounding more and more like a F75 Ltd.

Something that would really change the F75 for the better, is to clean up the delta pitch tones so that they flow more smoothly & are more pleasing & informative to the ear.   At least that would offer some similar ability to rivals like the Deus and Impact, especially for those that like to pick through heavy iron.   I do own a DST/Fast Process F75, and was looking forward to trying out delta pitch, unfortunately it left a lot to be desired, and something I feel that FT could really improve upon to extend the life of the platform. 

• Like 1

Still waiting?

This appears to be the specs for the (now discontinued???) F75 Black model with some added features.  At least I think all these are new (see ad Steve posted for details):

1) Three new levels of FeTone

2) Adjustable Audio Pitch... in Discrimination Mode -- this is interesting since Disc mode has multi-tones (1,2,3,4, and continuous).  The previous models let you adjust the single tone audio frequency on the All-Metal (minimally filtered) side but no adjustment on the Disc side.

3) Boost Process and Cache Locating Process -- previously this is the main thing that distinguished the more expensive Black model from the standard model.

4) Double Filter Discrimination Modes -- not sure if this is new and if so, how it compares to previous Disc modes.  Hope someone will clear this up for me.

5) Backlight -- previously only on the Black model, I think.

On top of all that they include the new ($130 MAP) pulse induction pinpointer and a digging tool.  Effectively the detector (alone) price is about $500, which is $100 less than the best previous price for any F75 and $300 less than the former top-of-the-line black model.  (Black model package includes a second coil -- 5 inch round DD.)

Clearly First Texas has recognized that the price for standard single frequency 'flagship' detectors has gone way down and they have to do something to pull the buyers in their direction.  Let's hope there's more on the horizion to allow them to compete....

• Like 1