They are new features for the basic F75, but unless I am wrong the F75+ is merely the black Fisher F75 Ltd2 with a black and gold rod instead. Change the rod, lower the price. Take away 5” coil and add digger and pinpointer instead. New transferable warranty and refurb options. There does not appear to be any actual changes in functionality however between this and the F75 Ltd 2.

Here is the blurb for what was new in the F75 Ltd2 (with DST) almost three years ago - as you can see these features existed in the F75 Ltd2 long before the F75+ appeared:

• Ability to activate and deactivate DST Mode (Digital Shielding Technology) for the ultimate in EMI Suppression
  • FA (Fast Process) – Improved Target Separation
  • Three new levels of FeTone®: Iron Audio Off, Low or Medium (complements existing “High” setting)
  • Adjustable Audio Pitch now in the Discrimination Mode
  • Embedded Serial Number – Serialization now stored electronically
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to add one thing, but it will take several facts.

Since the first inception of the original F75 I had one

Found a lot of good finds, but was always looking for something better

Sold the F75 and bought something I thought might be better, didn't work out

Bought another F75, hunted a good while longer until I found another machine, then sold to buy a different machine.

Hunted a while and knew the F75 was what I need, so bought another F75.

On and on for some 5+ more years.  I can say I've owned at least 5 different F75's including the F75 LTD.  That's about $5k, need to say more.......

It's not a do all machine, but............

• Like 1

Steve do you have any updates on the F75+?

Is it as you stated?

Unless anyone can find out anything different it does appear First Texas has reissued the F75 LTD2 (with DST) as the F75+ at a lower price point. The F75 was introduced in 2007 and there have been quite a few variants in the last 10 years with the last major revision in 2014.

From the Fisher Facebook page:

"This is a value based promotion. You are correct it is not new technology just a great proven F75 model with lots of extras at an amazing price. We are working on new products and technology should have some of the new stuff out in 2018."

Here is the "sell sheet" for the F75+ (2017/2018)....

fisher-f75-plus-color-flyer-2018.jpg

and here is the "sell sheet" for the F75 Ltd2 (2014)....

fisher-f75-ltd2-dst-metal-detector-color-flyer.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got my f-75 with DST in September it cost $550 with no extras. Although I have no complaints, I wish I could have had a chance to get the f-75+ package at only $100 more. 

• 3 weeks later...

ANY NEW WORD ON AVAILABILITY?