Great to see you posting again JP, and better yet to see you getting the gold! :smile:

If anyone is wondering about this comment from JP "The Super D coils really do need to be kept above saturation effect for maximum depth on the deeper pieces" here are two previous threads that address the question in detail:

Minelab GPZ 7000 A Super VLF ( Saturable Soil Tips )

and

Minelab White Paper - GPZ 7000 In Difficult Ground

• Like 2

A ripper session JP, pretty spiffy! Way to make up for being stonkered in WA. Can’t wait to see what else you uncover there.

A touch off topic but I am 5' 7" and have found that using the Minelab harness including the J-struts and a Hipstick makes detecting easier than using a 5000.

It takes a little work to get the balances right but it's worth it.

That being said, it IS a heavy detector to use in the way that makes it work best; precise and consistent coil control.

• Like 3

Guest Jennifer
5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Great to see you posting again JP, and better yet to see you getting the gold! :smile:

If anyone is wondering about this comment from JP "The Super D coils really do need to be kept above saturation effect for maximum depth on the deeper pieces" here are two previous threads that address the question in detail:

Minelab GPZ 7000 A Super VLF ( Saturable Soil Tips )

and

Minelab White Paper - GPZ 7000 In Difficult Ground

Thank you Steve, you're a mind reader, I was just about to ask what he was talking about.. big thanks my friend.

Jen

Guest Jennifer
2 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

A touch off topic but I am 5' 7" and have found that using the Minelab harness including the J-struts and a Hipstick makes detecting easier than using a 5000.

It takes a little work to get the balances right but it's worth it.

That being said, it IS a heavy detector to use in the way that makes it work best; precise and consistent coil control.

I agree... I've found with care, I'm able to swing the 19" coil without anything other than the hip stick and stock harness. JP helped me in the beginning with some advice about being very careful about bouncing it off things like I was use to with the GPX and I've really learned that careful is quiet with these coils. Good to the point that I don't even have to use a $375.00 aftermarket harness I bought for the weight, it now sits in the classifieds section collecting dust.

Great post JP, nice to see you back.

Jen