Video - Equinox Wm08 Wireless Module & Custom Screen Covers

The Equinox 800 comes with built in high speed Bluetooth but if that is not fast enough, they include a WiStream module for even faster audio performance. The WM08 unlike the WM10 and WM12 does not have its own speaker built in, so it is half the size. The WM08 allows you to use any non-wireless headphone you wish without being tethered to the Detector.

A neat idea also is including screen protectors made to fit that have labels identifying some of the on-screen control icons. In multiple languages!

• Like 3

Steve

I want you to know that I’m salivating all over my phone reading all this great info of what we have to look forward to on the Equinox.

Will it ever end ?

Chuck

• Haha 2

Really like the screen protector thing.  It's such a small cost to Minelab to include them, and it saves us from having to purchase something designed for a cell phone or tablet, and then try to cut it to size...

Nice touch, Minelab!

Steve

• 1 month later...

Yes, although you need to use the included special 1/8" to 1/4" adapter unless your are rigged up to plug direct into 1/8", which I doubt.

I have to admit to liking the built in aptx Bluetooth as being fast enough for me and I even like the included Bluetooth headphones, which is something I have rarely ever said when discussing headphones included with metal detectors. The bottom line for me is the WM08 has been getting minimal use, but it does serve as another option for those who feel the microseconds delay with aptx is still too much or who have headphones they would prefer over those included with the Equinox 800.

The included screen savers - just too cool! I think detector manufacturers have long overlooked the good will that can be gained by including such small touches with a detector. Usually the feeling is more "why did they not include this or that".

minelab-wm08-vs-wm10-wm12.jpg

minelab-equinox-screen-protector-applied.jpg

minelab-equinox-screen-saver-protector-english-3011-0379.jpg