A Lighter Weight GPZ 7000?

You are missing the whole point. Minelab can do it. We are lobbying Minelab to do it. You say you don't care, fine. We get that, but please do not stand in the way of trying to get better products. Minelab does read this stuff and they are in a very responsive mood right now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Frankly, the one I would really like to undertake as a rebuild project is the SDC 2300. The GPZ I am fine with as it is not as easy as one might think due to that DOD coil, and the coil is half the magic of the GPZ.

The SDC though... for starters you have four "C" cells! At 5.1 lbs I would say a worthy goal would be for under 4 lbs in a dry land configuration. Something ideal for working in very steep, vegetation covered, mountainous terrain.

Got to agree.

I can swing the GPZ all day without a problem, but the fatigue sets in with the 2300 after only a few hours

• Like 1

I would think that the history of electronic technology including metal detectors makes that obviously untrue. Sure, they did the best they could with what they had at the time. But to think the technology can never be improved on at all? No, I have never believed that and never will. I do know one thing. If people don't make their voice heard about what they want in future products then it won't happen. Half the time it does not anyway.

I am in business my self and know very well what makes one person happy, makes the next un happy and rest assure I am not trying to stop anyones voice being heard.  I just see realiability as one of the most determining factors as a consumer over every other factor, and also want Minelab to hear my voice for that very reason.

Goldwright, having tested prototype detectors for Minelab since 1987 I can assure you that Bruce Candy is an electronics wizz, but erganomics has never been a top priority.

• Like 1

I agree with the 'lighten up' discussion but what am I going to do?  Will I go out and buy a new, lighter 7000?  or 2300?

Nope.

I'm stuck with what I've got so do something like the Equinox (I have one on order).  Lighter, cheaper, better than the Explorers and the 3030.

I need new goldfields more than I need a lighter detector and like Steve said one of the ways to get that is to get better discrimination.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Like you MN, be lovely to swing a Deus lightweight Z, but if I`m onto gold soon forget any aches and pains. Tis getting that coil over gold that is the major still for me too. Although I really have little to complain about with the Z, it is more ergonomic then the PIs were, a better producer and the hip stick has offset age a bit but I know time is always running and it gets us all.

• Like 1