You might be thinking, what is the big deal, but...

This dime came from a hunted out site using the TDI and the OZ 12" coil.  The coil was loaned to me by GB_Amateur aka Steve.  I have been hunting this small area, maybe 50' x 100' for over 2 years.  This site has given up many silver and copper coins.  The site has also been hunted by two of my hunting buddies using the CTX 3030, Whites DFX, Fisher F75 and of course the TDI.  The OZ coil is super deep in this area and extremely stable.  I also dug over 10 nice large nails prior to finding this dime.  I must admit I had been purposely looking for only the deeper sounding targets and ignoring the shallow one.  I might add one more thing, all the nails sounded about the same, but I dug anyway.  On the other hand the dime sounded strange compared to the nails.  Can't explain the actual sound, but hope to soon, hear it again.   If possible I might try to record the actual audio and post for all to hear.

May be a few days before getting to hunt again, weather will turn much colder this weekend. 

Thanks again Steve.

dime.jpg

• Like 6

NICE!  This is a big deal to me Mark... I am trying to better my technique to find the hidden gems at pounded sites...  I don't consider that just a Mercury Dime...  that represents so much more.  You found a desired target that countless others missed..  even yourself!  That's what I am talking about!  Thanks for posting!  Tim

• Like 1

Mark

Don’t pass up any signal being some of my oldest coins was just barely covered up with dirt.

1926 was a good year! Oh I wasn’t around then but my mother was. She was born in 1922 and still going strong.

Chuck

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mark Gillespie said:

The coil was loaned to me by GB_Amateur aka Steve.

Actually, my name's 'Chuck', but no problem.  Glad to help out a fellow detectorist.  As mentioned privately, I've learned a lot from your YouTube videos so you can think of the loan as payback.   I use the TDI exclusively for hunting gold out west in highly mineralized ground.  Unfortunately until I retire next year I can't go out there much so it was an easy loan.  On top of all that I'm curious myself as to how well the 12 inch Aussie (Oz) mono works on the TDI/SL in tough conditions like yours.  Thanks for the report, and congrats on the find.

You got more guts then I do. I have yet to take my TDI anywhere but at the beach. I dig enough nails when I head to the mountains looking for gold.    I've seen where a lot of relic hunters on the east coast hunt with PI's and do well. Some day I might try the TDI in a park first so I can kinda get used to what coins might sound like. When I hunt the beach it's with ground balance off usually for the extra depth. The TDI is a great machine thanks for posting. 

strick