Tuned Coils For Equinox?

SteveJJ

I need a DD214 detector! I know it's filed somewhere, but since moving I can't find it. Glad I have a bit of time yet!

I  have a question regarding coil options for the E800. Is it reasonable to believe that 'tuned' coils for a single freq might be issued by ML or 3rd party? More specifically, a 40KHz coil for gold. Or is the IQ tech better for small gold than single freq detecting?

Speculation is speculation. Detecting being what it is what works best varies depending on the situation. Until enough real people undertake real world use and compare notes we just don’t know we don’t know where and how what mode might work best. There are likely situations with gold nuggets where different modes may serve better depending on the situation. Same with speculation and coils. You can bet people will want to make aftermarket coils. What coils they might make and what benefits they may offer - who knows? Might a coil tuned for a specific frequency be beneficial? Maybe. Or maybe not. I tend to think it might, but I could be wrong. So where does that leave us? Speculating.

• Like 1