Disgusted By $500+ Price Of Garrett Deepseeker Coil (and Minelab Prices)

On 1/7/2018 at 11:04 AM, MontAmmie said:

I've had 3 detectors (so far).  Every one has paid for itself within a year or two in finds.  When I started the hobby, I was a fat, middle-aged, pre-diabetic housewife/nurse.  I've lost 40 pounds since then and I'm in better physical shape now than when I was 40.  Would I have done that with an expensive gym membership or a treadmill?  No way.  I'm lazy and I can think of every excuse in the book not to move my butt.  But on that beach swinging my detector?  Oh man, that's a whole different ball game!  "I've been out here 5 hours, covered 3 miles of beach twice, and I'm bone-tired, but oh look at that cut over there!  I just gotta hit that before I leave!"

The money I've saved in medical costs alone has probably paid for my detectors and equipment many times over.   Not to mention the years of good health it has added to my life.  My metal detecting equipment is truly priceless.

Awesome story, I hope I can detect another 20 years.

• Like 1

Here in the UK a new GPZ7000 costs at the moment £7699 , thats down from £8495 . Crazy money if you dont have the right places to detect .

In the end you buy what you need and can afford . Minelab and Garrett and others charge what they think people will pay and if people buy them then they wont lower the prices till they cant shift them .