38 Ounce Australian Nugget Found With GPX 5000

A really nice find!!    I'd like to just hold it in my hand.      I'd have to break out the nitro if I found that.....

Write-up must have been written by a Minelab dealer....... at 6 inches any detector should have been able to find it?

"Weighing more than a kilogram (1,176gms), the nugget was 15cms (six inches) below the ground and discovered thanks to the advanced gold-finding technology of the Minelab GPX 5000 detector. "

Not putting down Minelabs.  They are great machines.

• Like 1

What's the chances that a free 7000 is on its way to Queensland. At six inches it would blow your ears out.

42 minutes ago, Reg Wilson said:

What's the chances that a free 7000 is on its way to Queensland. At six inches it would blow your ears out.

Reg you forget so easily. Donald Parker told me about slugs up to 50 ounces just inches below the surface that he had missed in Vic with VLF machines that just boomed at him with the SD 2000. What else does anyone seriously use in Australia these days? 6 inches can be a long way down if the ground signal is equal to or greater than the target signal. With the advent of Smooth timings on the GPX 4000 I was amazed by the amount of decent sized nuggets at shallow depths in the more mineralised/variable areas. Quite often its the ability to detect an area and ping that first deep piece that leads to the good discoveries, the Minelab detectors allow that to happen in North QLD.

At the end of the day its a great story and at the same time good promotion for the NQ dealer and Minelab, a win win for everyone involved especially the guy who had the good fortune to find the nugget.

JP

• Like 2

BB if you feel like coming over this way, your welcome, bring your culling gear........pleeeeeeeeze.......

No Jonathan, I do not forget so easily, and I would remind you that I have been in this game a bit longer than you have, and have had a fair amount of experience with larger nuggets.

You have conceded that the ground in Queensland is generally not as noisy as in Victoria, hence the fact that you can run your 7000 in more sensitive settings than we can here.

40 ozs. 6 inches. Come on.