First Winter Storm

• 2 weeks later...

It's been getting chilly here this past week or so, It's been below freezing at times so I started wearing my extreme fishing boots and I made a good discovery, I noticed that even if I wore them indoors that I could still feel a slight chill around my toes, then by accident I decided it was lunch time So I grabbed a tin of baked beans and chopped up some franks and threw them in the pot, I soon woofed them down and a few minutes after I noticed my feet were warm again even to the point of being quite cozy,

At the end of the night (about) 6 hours later I noticed I was starting to feel cold toes again, So I threw some chilli and pasta in the microwave that I had cooked up a couple of days ago which I spilt into individual packs and put in the deep freeze, 5 minutes after eating it my feet got all warm again :wub:  :smile:

So what I have learned from this is if I am going detecting then a good feed of something with the consistency of the above chow will fend off the cold for about 6 hours with my metabolism, Others people may vary but with me the timing was so accurate that you could set ya watch by it,

So if you are heading out on a cold day give it a go and eat something like that, I am sure you folks will feel the benefit of it too,

good luck hope that helps.

John. 

• Like 1