Nura Headphones For Us Deafies

Norvic

https://newatlas.com/nura-headphones-review/52214/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=5eaf25216b-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-5eaf25216b-92422477

Maybe of interest to those of us that are fairly deaf to part of the normal sound spectrum. I just love tech and how it can help us in so many different ways.

• Like 2

Thanks Norvic.

I had a hearing test a couple of weeks ago and I'm below normal.  My higher frequency hearing is at 72% or so.  I need to keep that in mind when we are talking about audio setting here and increase my volumes above some of you.

These headphones are said to retail here for $399.  That is cheaper than the $1800 Costco hearing aids by a bunch.

I think I need to start using JP's booster I bought.

• Like 1

I am very hard of hearing in the upper ranges and I love the idea of these headphones. They are expensive but if they work as advertised they could be a huge boon to those of us who need hearing help.

Mn90403 definitely try JP's booster. You will be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

Your not wrong Fred, no longer do mosquitos annoy me but I can hear thunder 10 miles away. Also that annoying door open warning buzzer on our modern day car doors, no longer need to disconnect it. :wink:

• Like 1

I was born with moderate hearing loss and got to try these a few days ago. The sound quality and compensation for my hearing loss was really amazing. Passive noise cancellation was very high. I couldn’t hear the person across from me talking. They have air flow valves driven by the vibration to prevent hot ears although I’m not sure if you would get enough sound happening for that to have the full effect.

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

I spent an hour with a audiologist a few years ago. We did the test, I was about normal but a little deficient in one zone. I played JP’s video where he finds a 4 gram nugget, there is only a slight change in the threshold until he finally centres on the target. The audiologist explained that a hearing aid would not help me because we are listening for a change in the threashold not a particular sound spectrum. He said the hearing aids might make it worse because the birds and wind in the tree leaves might be enhanced.

I would still like a try of these headphones.

All the best,

Pete

• Like 2

Sounds like a great idea - I've wondered when someone would do this, and how it would be accomplished. Now if there were competition and the price were less than half, I'd spring for it just to see how well they work. As it is, I'm $aving for an Eq800...

Spinifex, if you have a Costco in your area, head on over and get tested again and try on a pair of demo units that have programmable profiles. My Rextons have 4 settings (one is for electromagnetic induction - is that weird to hear EM fields!) and I've had them tailored a bit different from norm. If their audiologist is a good person, they'll work with you on tailoring to your needs, bring the video so they can tell what frequencies you need to focus on for one setting, You might be pleasantly surprised.

So far for me, headphones without aids work best, but in busy areas I'm not comfortable not hearing what's happening. For those times I've picked up some Motorola Buds - they work with the hearing aids in that their silicon cups don't occlude the sound pipes in the ear so I hear ambient from the aids and what the buds are playing, whether music or a bluetooth transmitter plugged into my detector (Avantree aptX for lowest latency works ok for me and the buds are aptX as well). While I can't wear them for more than an hour without drying out the ears, it works well for me to hear what's around me as well.

• Like 2

Hmmm, wonder if this "self adjust" concept will be taken another step into hearing aids. That`d put that industry on its head, no expensive time wasting consultancies, then hearing tests, then fittings.